“A little challenge that creates easy wins for you and builds momentum has a huge impact on you.” – Rob Dionne on the March Madness Challenge
Making Healthy Skills A Lifestyle!
We are going to start a new challenge in March to help everyone begin creating new skills! Maybe you need an extra push to help keep your New Year Intentions or want to make better choices. The main point of this challenge is to help each other build healthy skills to a point where it becomes a lifestyle.
We’ll begin on Sunday, March 5 and end on Saturday, April 1.
Each week, we’ll be focusing on a different area of health and wellness using apps and tools:
- Mental Health
Learn more and join this event by simply becoming a member in our closed Open Sky Fitness Facebook Group.
16 Fitness Hacks to Get Healthy
“Most people don’t realize how little they have to do in order to start living a healthy life.” – Rob Dionne
We’re already on our second week of the March Madness Challenge! This week is all about fitness and Devon and I sharing 16 easy, simple hacks to help you get a jump on creating a healthier you.
Try to add 1-2 of these 16 fitness hacks to your routine each week to help you get healthy:
- Get your fitness out of the way and do it in the morning.
- Schedule in your workout or other activity you want to accomplish to make sure you get it done.
- Keep your workout short if you’re just starting out i.e. a 10 minute HIIT workout.
- Do short workouts during commercials when you’re watching TV alone or with your family.
- Make a date with your friends to work out and help hold yourself accountable.
- Drink a bit of caffeine i.e. coffee, green tea, matcha, maca powder to help pick you up before a workout.
- Do little workouts while completing tasks: calf raises while you wait in line, wall sits while your brush your teeth, park far and walk to a store or your workplace etc.
- Outsource and hire someone to help you: a professional nutritionist, personal trainer, or join a class
- Stick to one program and see it through till the end.
- Start simple full body workouts to get fit such as short sets of planks, pull-ups, sit-ups, etc.
- Kill two birds with one stone: Listen to audio books or podcasts, but only when you work out.
- Keep an extra set of workout clothes in your car to take advantage of the opportunities you have to go work out between breaks at work or if something gets canceled.
- Combine cardio and lifting workouts together by running or doing HIIT workouts between lifting sets.
- Do a 10-20 minute cardio exercise right after you finish a weights workout to get the most out of it and take a break the next day.
- Join a community that helps you stay on track with your fitness goals.
- Sign up for something to challenge yourself: 5k, 10k, triathlon, fitness competition or create a personal goal.
“You can create a community and surround yourself with a group of friends who want to do the same activities as you.” – Rob Dionne
Each Saturday at 2pm PST you can join us for our batch cooking show! Last week we made chicken salad, chicken bone broth, and two different kinds of roasted almonds: spicy roasted and chile lime roasted almonds. These two dishes and 1 snack all in just 35 minutes!
To watch and learn how to make these easy, healthy meals each Saturday, just join our Open Sky Fitness Podcast group.
Why batch cooking? It’s a great way to prepare for the week by making nutritious, delicious meals in advance. In fact, this food should last you around 3-4 days!
Join The Open Sky Fitness Podcast Group!
That’s right! We have a closed Open Sky Fitness Podcast group on Facebook where you and everyone have the opportunity to talk about your health and fitness goals in a safe environment. We post workouts and start discussions about how to be strategic around finding a healthier you. Check it out!
Start Building Your Own Workouts and Meal Plan!
Click To Download Home Workout Templates or text the word, “lifting,” to 33444 to download the templates.
Have a Question or Review for Rob or Devon?
We love answering questions and getting feedback from you, our listener! If you have any questions to ask us, want to share a review of the show, or tell us any suggestions for guests/topics that you think would be great to have on the show, just email Rob at email@example.com or Devon at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can also leave us a review at www.openskyfitness.com/review, ask a question in the closed Open Sky Fitness Facebook Group and even text OSFreview to 33444 to get the link.
What You’ll Hear on This Episode
00:00 Open Sky Fitness Introduction
1:15 Opening comments with Rob and Devon: Learn about who Devon is!
2:30 Join our March Madness Challenge!
3:20 The Paleo Diet: What do you eat to follow it?
7:00 Facebook question: How do you find vegetables when you live somewhere where they’re not available year-round (Alaska, Canada)?
12:00 16 Fitness Hacks to Kickstart Your Health Goals
12:45 1) Get your fitness out of the way and do it in the morning.
14:30 2) Schedule in your workout or other activity you want to accomplish
15:00 3) Keep your workout short if you’re just starting out.
18:00 4) Do short workouts during commercials when you’re watching TV alone or with your family
19:10 5) Make a date with your friends to hold yourself accountable
20:20 6) Drink a bit of caffeine i.e. coffee, green tea, matcha, maca powder, but not a pre-workout drink which has too much caffeine to help pick you up before a workout.
21:40 7) Do little workouts while completing tasks: calf raises in line, wall sits while your brush your teeth, park far from a store or your workplace.
23:00 8) Outsource and hire someone to help you: a professional nutritionist, personal trainer, or join a class
25:10 9) Stick to one program and see it through till the end.
26:50 10) Start simple workouts to get fit
29:15 11) Kill two birds with one stone: Listen to audio books or podcasts only when you work out.
31:15 12) Keep an extra set of workout clothes in your car to take advantage of the opportunities you have to go work out.
32:30 13) Combine cardio and lifting workouts together
34:20 14) Do a 10-20 minute cardio exercise right after you lift
35:50 15) Join a community that helps you stay on track with your fitness goals.
36:45 16) Sign up for something to challenge yourself: 5k, 10k, triathlon, etc.
38:00 Closing comments with Rob and Devon
45:00 Open Sky Fitness Closing
RESOURCES MENTIONED DURING THE SHOW:
- Leave us an iTunes review
- Join the The Open Sky Fitness Podcast Group on Facebook
- Check out our March Madness Challenge!
- Watch the OSF Batch Cooking Show!
Ask Rob a Question or tell him what is working for you: Email Rob@OpenSkyFitness.com
To leave a Review for Rob and the Open Sky Fitness Podcast CLICK NOW! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show and I read each and every one of them.
Contact our amazing sound engineer Ryan? Send him an e-mail here: email@example.com
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Do you have any questions (and would like to hear yourself on the Open Sky Fitness Podcast)? Click on the link on the right side of any page on our website that says “Send Voicemail.”
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates. It’s free!
Thanks for listening/reading Episode 139: 16 Fitness Hacks to Kickstart Your Health! We hope you have gained more knowledge on how to be a healthier you!