The holidays are a busy time for everyone and sometimes we forgot to make sure we set it up and plan vacations, family get-togethers, and parties in such a way that we actually enjoy ourselves too. So, this week, Devon and I are sharing our top 8 holiday mistakes that people make, how to avoid them, and how to make sure you have an amazing holiday season for yourself.
We’ll dive deep into each mistake as we go through our list:
- Creating unrealistic expectations for the holidays
- Operating on someone else’s agenda
- Running yourself ragged
- Leaving your daily habits behind
- Not scheduling a time to eat
- Focusing on what you cannot eat rather than what you can eat
- Not setting boundaries with work before you leave for vacation
- Allowing your vacation to end with a fizzle
Let Us Coach You On The Podcast!
Come on the podcast and let us be your coach for an hour on the show!
We talked about this a while back but we want you, the listener, to be a guest on our show by allowing us to be your personal coaches for a 1-hour call. Your call will be featured as an actual episode on our podcast but can always keep your identity hidden by changing your name because we know that our health is everything and some things we’d like to keep to ourselves.
Here’s how you sign up:
- Go to http://openskyfitness.com/contact/
- Fill out your name, email address, and message
- In your message, please include:
- What you’re struggling with
- What you believe is standing in your way
- What your obstacles are
- What you want to achieve
- Your expectations and how you think Devon and I can help you
What You’ll Hear on This Episode
00:00 Open Sky Fitness Introduction
1:15 Opening comments with Rob and Devon
1:30 Check out last week’s show: OSF 229 – How to Maximize Your Time At The Gym with Maarten Van Nus
1:35 The 8 mistakes to avoid during the holidays that sabotage your health.
2:00 Come on the podcast and let us be your coach for an hour on the show!
7:30 1st Mistake – Creating unrealistic expectations for the holidays
10:30 2nd Mistake – Operating on someone else’s agenda
15:40 3rd Mistake – Running yourself ragged
22:20 4th Mistake – Leaving your daily habits behind
25:55 5th Mistake – Not scheduling time to eat
29:25 6th Mistake – Focusing on what you cannot eat rather than what you can eat
34:20 7th Mistake – Not setting boundaries with work before you leave for vacation
38:00 8th Mistake – Allowing their vacation to end with a fizzle
41:00 Final comments with Rob and Devon
41:10 Check out our Open Sky Fitness Podcast Group on Facebook
45:00 Open Sky Fitness Closing
RESOURCES MENTIONED DURING THE SHOW:
- Leave us an iTunes review
- Subscribe to our podcast and take your health to the next level!
- Join The Open Sky Fitness Podcast Group on Facebook
- Learn more about the Sky Fit Challenge
- Clean up your diet with our 7 Day Paleo Reset
- Contact Rob and Devon to apply for One-On-One Coaching Sessions
- Learn more about our new sponsor – ButcherBox
- Check out last week’s episode: OSF 229 – How to Maximize Your Time At The Gym with Maarten Van Nus
- Read the study, Vacationers Happier, but Most not Happier After a Holiday
- Learn about our future guest, Dr. Joel Fuhrman
- Download these apps to help you relax and meditate:
- You might be interested in these other Open Sky Fitness Podcast episodes:
JOIN THE SKY FIT CHALLENGE!
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE
The challenge consists of:
- 8 Weeks of Equipment Free Bodyweight Workouts in 20 minutes or less. (No gym membership required)
- SIMPLE Whole Food Meal Plan w/Tasty Recipe Cookbook Featuring 60+ recipes!
- Foolproof Schedule so you know EXACTLY what you’re supposed to do every day.
- Access to our New Private Facebook Group – Sky Fit Challenge Group to share your progress with everyone as well as receive support and be held accountable.
Do The FREE 7 Day Paleo Rest
Simply go to 7DayPaleoReset.com to sign up now
One of the best things you can do for your mind and body in your mission to get healthier is to focus on your nutrition. That’s why we’re allowing people to sign up now to join us for our next Free 7 Day Paleo Rest! It’s all done via Facebook so no annoying emails that will fill up your inbox.
As part of the 7 Day Paleo Reset, we will provide you with:
- Introduction to what the Paleo Diet is all about
- 7 Day guide to easy Paleo recipes
- What batch cooking is and how to incorporate that into your lifestyle
- Various content resources including generational eating habits, the importance of building a wellness community, and how to begin a new healthy lifestyle.
- How to make an impact on your life and life a life full of wellness.
Look Out For Our Upcoming
Throw Back Thursday Podcast Episodes!
We’ll be releasing new podcasts episodes on Thursdays that discuss previous episodes we’ve done, but we need your help! Go to the Open Sky Fitness Facebook Group and tell us what your favorite episodes are. Then, Devon and I will re-listen to that episode, pick out the best parts and share even more insights on the topic.
We won’t just be regurgitating the same information over again. Since we began this podcast, there’s so much more information out their on health, nutrition, fitness, and personal wellness. So, each Thursday we’ll really just be going deeper into your favorite topics!
Claim Your FREE Bacon + $10 Off
With Our Sponsor – ButcherBox
That’s right! By listening to the Open Sky Fitness Podcast, you get the chance to get a free order of bacon plus $10 off your first ButcherBox purchase!!
ButcherBox delivers 100% grass-fed beef, free-range organic chicken, and heritage breed pork directly to your door. Think of them as the neighborhood butcher for modern America.
Join The Open Sky Fitness Podcast Group!
That’s right! We have a closed Open Sky Fitness Podcast group on Facebook where you and everyone have the opportunity to talk about your health and fitness goals in a safe environment. We post workouts and start discussions about how to be strategic about finding a healthier you. Check it out!
Start Building Your Own Workouts and Meal Plan!
Click To Download Home Workout Templates or text the word, “lifting,” to 33444 to download the templates.
Have a Question or Review for Rob or Devon?
We love answering questions and getting feedback from you, our listener! If you have any questions to ask us, want to share a review of the show, or tell us any suggestions for guests/topics that you think would be great to have on the show, just email Rob at email@example.com or Devon at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can also leave us a review at http://reviewourpodcast.com ask a question in the closed Open Sky Fitness Facebook Group and even text OSFreview to 33444 to get the link.
Get Fit with Free Downloads!
Ask Rob a Question or tell him what is working for you: Email Rob@OpenSkyFitness.com
Support This Podcast
To leave a Review for Rob and the Open Sky Fitness Podcast CLICK NOW! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show and I read each and every one of them.
Contact our amazing sound engineer Ryan? Send him an e-mail here: email@example.com
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Do you have any questions (and would like to hear yourself on the Open Sky Fitness Podcast)? Click on the link on the right side of any page on our website that says “Send Voicemail.”
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates. It’s free!
Thanks for listening/reading episode 230 – 8 Holiday Mistakes You Must Avoid! We hope you have gained more knowledge on how to be a healthier you.