Better Performance Through Scientific Fitness with Dr. Jena Gatses
Better Performance with Dr. Jena Gatses
With over 15 years of experience working with the advanced and elite in the fitness industry, Dr. Jena Gatses has a lot of great information to share from all of her background experiences and education as athlete, model, physical therapist, strength coach, manual therapist, corrective exercise specialist.
In this episode, she specifically dives into her education in everything from having a Ph.D. in physical therapy to studying Buddhism, working with NASCAR as a Head Physical Therapist & Strength Coach, training at Churchill Boxing Club, and launching her own brand, Scientific Fitness.
As you tune into the episode, we discuss:
- Her passion for helping people and the importance of being kind to others.
- What kind of training she did as the top trainer for several NASCAR teams for the drivers and pit crew team.
- The launch of her brand, Scientific Fitness, and the mission behind it.
- Not giving in to the ego and allowing it to hold you back from growing.
- Getting yourself out of your own self-sabotaging box, being vulnerable, and facing your struggles.
- Building a healthy lifestyle through small changes every day to keep your mind and body healthy.
- Her personal fitness focus on quality and mixing things up for better variety from time to time
- How she approaches good nutrition by not stressing too much about what she eats and staying consistent with the quality of her food.
At the beginning of the show, Devon and I also discuss the Official Coffee Diet, the many benefits of caffeine especially from high-quality coffee, and how to select the best decaf coffee.
Can You Believe a Girl Hand-Built All of This!?
About Dr. Jena Gatses
Owner and operator of Scientific Fitness LLC since 2012: Strength Coach, Physical Therapist, Corrective Exercise Specialist, Program/Facility & Product Design Consultant to a Wide Range of Clientele:
Celebrities, Professional Athletes, Elite CEO’s, NFL, Olympic Athletes, MLB, UFC, Professional Boxing, Professional Olympic Weightlifting, Track & Field, Marathon/Ironman Athletes, Rugby, Elderly, Youth Population, etc.
As well as the General Population Dealing with Geriatrics, Neurological & Degenerative Brain Disease, Pediatrics & Cardiac ICU, Youth Sports & Performance, Skilled Nursing, Burn & Trauma ICU, etc.
Let Us Coach You On The Podcast!
Come on the podcast and let us be your coach for an hour on the show!
We talked about this a while back but we want you, the listener, to be a guest on our show by allowing us to be your personal coaches for a 1-hour call. Your call will be featured as an actual episode on our podcast but can always keep your identity hidden by changing your name because we know that our health is everything and some things we’d like to keep to ourselves.
Here’s how you sign up:
- Go to http://openskyfitness.com/contact/
- Fill out your name, email address, and message
- In your message, please include:
- Your goals
- What obstacles you believe are standing in your way
- Your expectations and how you think Devon and Rob can help you
What You’ll Hear on This Episode
00:00 Open Sky Fitness Introduction
1:15 Opening comments with Rob and Devon
1:40 Introduction to this week’s guest, Jena Gatses
3:20 Rob’s episode on the origins of The Official Coffee Diet – Ep. 258
4:00 The many benefits of drinking coffee over something like tea.
5:00 How the benefits of good coffee and drinking around 2-3 cups a day instead of 6 are helping Rob.
6:40 The science behind the caffeine from coffee helping boost our mitochondria health, modifying our respiratory capacity, regenerating our heart, and being part of the intermittent fasting process.
10:00 Pros and cons of drinking coffee depending on each person and how coffee has become part of the lifestyle process for Rob.
14:00 The three different processes to decaf coffee including using chemicals that will still reside in the coffee when the process is done.
16:00 Power of breathwork, its benefits, and how it’s becoming so popular now.
18:00 About Jena Gatses
20:00 Her passion for helping people and the importance of being kind to others.
22:50 Where the learning process started for her in her career for exercise performance.
24:30 What kind of training she did as the top trainer for several NASCAR teams for the drivers and pit crew team.
28:00 Her career with NASCAR and how much control and influence she had in the industry.
32:40 All of the different experiences she has had working at different facilities and how all of that has helped her become better at her job.
34:00 Her goal of working for herself as an entrepreneur and how she got there through education and experience after NASCAR.
35:00 The launch of her brand, Scientific Fitness, and the mission behind it.
37:00 Her hard work effort and how she made sure she stood out among the rest through networking, volunteering, and putting herself out there.
38:00 The importance of always having an open mind for learning, growing, and helping your clients.
42:00 Not giving in to the ego and allowing it to hold you back from growing.
43:00 You don’t have to put someone down to make you feel better about yourself when there are so many good things you can be doing in this world.
44:30 Getting yourself out of your own self-sabotaging box, being vulnerable, and facing your struggles.
46:00 Why she decided to study all different types of healing from massage and energy classes to Buddhism to grow as a trainer.
49:00 Letting go of the ego to work from a better base of health, mindset, and growth.
52:00 The importance of being efficient to set yourself up for life.
55:00 Building a healthy lifestyle through small changes every day to keep your mind and body healthy.
56:00 Why you can’t wait until tomorrow to start taking care of your health today.
57:30 The fact that a lot of people care more about material items rather than their body and putting their health first.
58:50 Her personal fitness focus on quality and what she does to stay in shape by changing up the environment from time to time and adding variety to her training.
1:01:20 Her approach to nutrition, not stressing too much about what she eats, and staying consistent the majority of the time with the quality of her food.
1:04:00 The new program she’s creating that will be available soon and how to get the latest information by signing up with your email at Scientific Fitness.
1:05:30 Closing comments with Rob and Devon
1:06:00 Join the re-launched Sky Fit Challenge at a discounted price!
1:08:00 Follow The Official Coffee Diet on Instagram
1:09:00 Open Sky Fitness Closing
RESOURCES MENTIONED DURING THE SHOW:
- Leave us an iTunes review
- Subscribe to our podcast and take your health to the next level!
- Join The Open Sky Fitness Podcast Group on Facebook
- Learn more about the Sky Fit Challenge
- Clean up your diet with our 7 Day Paleo Reset
- Contact Rob and Devon to apply for One-On-One Coaching Sessions
- Learn more about our new sponsor – ButcherBox
- Check out our other latest podcast episodes:
- Connect with Dr. Jena Gatses and Scientific Fitness via:
- Read the article on coffee: The Healthy Addiction? Coffee Study Finds More Health Benefits
- Learn more about the following programs, brands and health experts:
- You might enjoy these other Open Sky Fitness Podcast episodes:
JOIN THE SKY FIT CHALLENGE!
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE
The challenge consists of:
- 8 Weeks of Equipment Free Bodyweight Workouts in 20 minutes or less. (No gym membership required)
- SIMPLE Whole Food Meal Plan w/Tasty Recipe Cookbook Featuring 60+ recipes!
- Foolproof Schedule so you know EXACTLY what you’re supposed to do every day.
- Access to our New Private Facebook Group – Sky Fit Challenge Group to share your progress with everyone as well as receive support and be held accountable.
Do The FREE 7 Day Paleo Rest
Simply go to 7DayPaleoReset.com to sign up now
One of the best things you can do for your mind and body in your mission to get healthier is to focus on your nutrition. That’s why we’re allowing people to sign up now to join us for our next Free 7 Day Paleo Rest! It’s all done via Facebook so no annoying emails that will fill up your inbox.
As part of the 7 Day Paleo Reset, we will provide you with:
- Introduction to what the Paleo Diet is all about
- 7 Day guide to easy Paleo recipes
- What batch cooking is and how to incorporate that into your lifestyle
- Various content resources including generational eating habits, the importance of building a wellness community, and how to begin a new healthy lifestyle.
- How to make an impact on your life and life a life full of wellness.
Look Out For Our Upcoming
Throw Back Thursday Podcast Episodes!
We’ll be releasing new podcasts episodes on Thursdays that discuss previous episodes we’ve done, but we need your help! Go to the Open Sky Fitness Facebook Group and tell us what your favorite episodes are. Then, Devon and I will re-listen to that episode, pick out the best parts and share even more insights on the topic.
We won’t just be regurgitating the same information over again. Since we began this podcast, there’s so much more information out their on health, nutrition, fitness, and personal wellness. So, each Thursday we’ll really just be going deeper into your favorite topics!
Claim Your FREE Bacon + $10 Off
With Our Sponsor – ButcherBox
That’s right! By listening to the Open Sky Fitness Podcast, you get the chance to get a free order of bacon plus $10 off your first ButcherBox purchase!!
ButcherBox delivers 100% grass-fed beef, free-range organic chicken, and heritage breed pork directly to your door. Think of them as the neighborhood butcher for modern America.
Join The Open Sky Fitness Podcast Group!
That’s right! We have a closed Open Sky Fitness Podcast group on Facebook where you and everyone have the opportunity to talk about your health and fitness goals in a safe environment. We post workouts and start discussions about how to be strategic about finding a healthier you. Check it out!
Start Building Your Own Workouts and Meal Plan!
Click To Download Home Workout Templates or text the word, “lifting,” to 33444 to download the templates.
Have a Question or Review for Rob or Devon?
We love answering questions and getting feedback from you, our listener! If you have any questions to ask us, want to share a review of the show, or tell us any suggestions for guests/topics that you think would be great to have on the show, just email Rob at email@example.com or Devon at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can also leave us a review at http://reviewourpodcast.com ask a question in the closed Open Sky Fitness Facebook Group and even text OSFreview to 33444 to get the link
Get Fit with Free Downloads!
Ask Rob a Question or tell him what is working for you: Email Rob@OpenSkyFitness.com
Support This Podcast
To leave a Review for Rob and the Open Sky Fitness Podcast CLICK NOW! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show and I read each and every one of them.
Contact our amazing sound engineer Ryan? Send him an e-mail here: email@example.com
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Do you have any questions (and would like to hear yourself on the Open Sky Fitness Podcast)? Click on the link on the right side of any page on our website that says “Send Voicemail.”
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates. It’s free!
Thanks for listening/reading episode 260- Better Performance Through Scientific Fitness with Dr. Jena Gatses! We hope you have gained more knowledge on how to be a healthier you.