“Mindfulness is being aware of your thoughts, why you’re doing what you’re doing, it’s about living in the moment, realizing that you’re okay and enjoying life at the same time. It’s about realizing that you don’t have to be focused on the past or the future. Of course, you can think about them once in a while; we’re not going to ignore things that happened and not learn from them but the problem is that sometimes we focus way too much on what has happened in the past or worry way too much about what might help in the future. Mindfulness is focusing on the moment and being aware of your thoughts.” – Bruce Langford
This week, I am joined by Host of the Mindfulness Mode Podcast, Speaker, and Co-Author of Cracking The Success Code, Bruce Langford. I learned about him via the Growth Now Movement and I was so inspired by his talk on self-love that I knew I had to bring him on the show to share what he knows.
Even though we’re all so set on just nutrition and exercise, self-love and mindfulness are vital factors for our health as well.
In today’s episode, you’ll learn all about:
- Why fitness and nutrition are such a small piece of the puzzle when it comes to being healthy.
- Why people have such a hard time why they’re bullying others or not taking care of themselves enough.
- The fact that we’re all being bullies to ourselves and how we can change that by how we deal with it.
- Focusing on being quiet with yourself and what really matters to you and how to deal with your emotions.
- How he helps people who struggle with or are afraid of meditation and sitting still with their feelings.
- Why we should choose to be happy now rather than seek it or see it as an accomplishment because we will never have this moment in our lives again.
Cracking The Success Code
How to Crack The Success Code is a task that humanity has reflected on from time immemorial. The sages and philosophers of every generation have pursued this question with unrelenting determination because everybody is looking for the answer – regardless of their field. So, who has the answer? Has this book found the “Silver Bullet?” The answer to this eternal enigma may vary for each one of us according to our definition of success.
However, in this book, these Celebrity Experts(r) render their conclusions based on their proven experiences and core principles. Their answers are based on their firsthand knowledge versus academic hypotheses or philosophical assumptions. So, if you decided to learn more about success and achievement in your world, where would YOU look for the answers?
The “nuggets of wisdom” that the Celebrity Experts(r) in this book offer us look at a world that is new and unfamiliar economic territory for us all. They have “been there and done it.” They provide practical answers to these questions. Brian Tracy, for example, looks at changes that the business world and culture have experienced over the past hundred years, and, based on his knowledge and wide experience, projects how people will need to think and perform in the future to achieve success.
This kind of visionary thought will enlighten and guide those who wish to achieve successful or outstanding accomplishments. We are therefore left with the options of spending our lives trying to “reinvent the wheel” on our own, or we can use the proven experience of people like these Celebrity Experts(r) to Crack The Success Code for us. Achievement seems to be connected with action. Successful men and women keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don’t quit. – Conrad Hilton
About Bruce Langford
Bruce Langford became an entrepreneur in 2003 when shocked by the bullying he observed, he transitioned from being a teacher to a full-time advocate of bullying prevention. He founded the company, ‘Stand Up Now’ to share the message that respect can replace bullying. Bruce is also the host of the podcast, ‘Mindfulness Mode’ where his goal is to share how mindfulness can increase calm, focus and happiness for everyone, and ultimately reduce bullying.
Let Us Coach You On The Podcast!
Come on the podcast and let us be your coach for an hour on the show!
We talked about this a while back but we want you, the listener, to be a guest on our show by allowing us to be your personal coaches for a 1-hour call. Your call will be featured as an actual episode on our podcast but can always keep your identity hidden by changing your name because we know that our health is everything and some things we’d like to keep to ourselves.
Here’s how you sign up:
- Go to http://openskyfitness.com/contact/
- Fill out your name, email address, and message
- In your message, please include:
- Your goals
- What obstacles you believe are standing in your way
- Your expectations and how you think Devon and Rob can help you
What You’ll Hear on This Episode
00:00 Open Sky Fitness Introduction
1:15 Opening comments with Rob and Devon
9:30 About our guest today – Bruce Langford
11:00 His life story and how he’s now helping people bring more self-love into their life.
13:00 Why fitness and nutrition are such a small piece of the puzzle when it comes to being healthy.
14:20 The connection between loving ourselves and loving other people.
16:00 His own experience with bullying growing up and witnessing it first-hand and in his family.
20:00 How he found his actual voice after going to a voice therapist.
24:00 His life as a music teacher and how helping bullied students led him down a new path to full-time supporting them.
29:00 Why people have such a hard time why they’re bullying others or not taking care of themselves enough.
33:00 The fact that we’re all being bullies to ourselves and how we can change that by how we deal with it.
34:30 Focusing on being quiet with yourself and what really matters to you and how to deal with your emotions.
36:30 How he helps people who struggle with or are afraid of meditation and sitting still with their feelings.
37:50 It’s okay to have fear because fear is a part of being human.
41:00 His daily routines and habits that he’s created for himself.
42:00 Why cold showers and sensations including the Wim Hof method are good for the mind and body.
46:00 His other daily self-care practices including movement and nutrition.
51:00 What mindfulness actually means to him.
52:10 A healthy method to be aware of our thoughts, emotions, and worries.
54:20 Why we should choose to be happy now rather than seek it or see it as an accomplishment because we will never have this moment in our lives again.
55:00 Why happiness is not about the physical things we have in our life but about deciding to be happy.
58:50 Our job as humans to figure out what makes us happy.
1:06:00 Final comments with Rob and Devon.
1:08:30 Let us know if you want to do a Coaching Call episode with us!
1:09:00 Open Sky Fitness Closing
RESOURCES MENTIONED DURING THE SHOW:
- Leave us an iTunes review
- Subscribe to our podcast and take your health to the next level!
- Join The Open Sky Fitness Podcast Group on Facebook
- Learn more about the Sky Fit Challenge
- Clean up your diet with our 7 Day Paleo Reset
- Contact Rob and Devon to apply for One-On-One Coaching Sessions
- Learn more about our new sponsor – ButcherBox
- Check out our other latest podcast episodes:
- Connect with Bruce Langford via:
- Listen to his podcast, Mindfulness Mode
- Read The Success Code
- Check out Nicole Visnic’s Nutrition Workshop
- Learn more about the Growth Now Movement
- Find out more about the power of cold showers and the Wim Hof Method
- Listen to the podcast episode: A Moment of Growth with Fabio Viviani
- You might be interested in these other Open Sky Fitness Podcast episodes:
JOIN THE SKY FIT CHALLENGE!
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE
The challenge consists of:
- 8 Weeks of Equipment Free Bodyweight Workouts in 20 minutes or less. (No gym membership required)
- SIMPLE Whole Food Meal Plan w/Tasty Recipe Cookbook Featuring 60+ recipes!
- Foolproof Schedule so you know EXACTLY what you’re supposed to do every day.
- Access to our New Private Facebook Group – Sky Fit Challenge Group to share your progress with everyone as well as receive support and be held accountable.
Do The FREE 7 Day Paleo Rest
Simply go to 7DayPaleoReset.com to sign up now
One of the best things you can do for your mind and body in your mission to get healthier is to focus on your nutrition. That’s why we’re allowing people to sign up now to join us for our next Free 7 Day Paleo Rest! It’s all done via Facebook so no annoying emails that will fill up your inbox.
As part of the 7 Day Paleo Reset, we will provide you with:
- Introduction to what the Paleo Diet is all about
- 7 Day guide to easy Paleo recipes
- What batch cooking is and how to incorporate that into your lifestyle
- Various content resources including generational eating habits, the importance of building a wellness community, and how to begin a new healthy lifestyle.
- How to make an impact on your life and life a life full of wellness.
Look Out For Our Upcoming
Throw Back Thursday Podcast Episodes!
We’ll be releasing new podcasts episodes on Thursdays that discuss previous episodes we’ve done, but we need your help! Go to the Open Sky Fitness Facebook Group and tell us what your favorite episodes are. Then, Devon and I will re-listen to that episode, pick out the best parts and share even more insights on the topic.
We won’t just be regurgitating the same information over again. Since we began this podcast, there’s so much more information out their on health, nutrition, fitness, and personal wellness. So, each Thursday we’ll really just be going deeper into your favorite topics!
Claim Your FREE Bacon + $10 Off
With Our Sponsor – ButcherBox
That’s right! By listening to the Open Sky Fitness Podcast, you get the chance to get a free order of bacon plus $10 off your first ButcherBox purchase!!
ButcherBox delivers 100% grass-fed beef, free-range organic chicken, and heritage breed pork directly to your door. Think of them as the neighborhood butcher for modern America.
Join The Open Sky Fitness Podcast Group!
That’s right! We have a closed Open Sky Fitness Podcast group on Facebook where you and everyone have the opportunity to talk about your health and fitness goals in a safe environment. We post workouts and start discussions about how to be strategic about finding a healthier you. Check it out!
Start Building Your Own Workouts and Meal Plan!
Click To Download Home Workout Templates or text the word, “lifting,” to 33444 to download the templates.
Have a Question or Review for Rob or Devon?
We love answering questions and getting feedback from you, our listener! If you have any questions to ask us, want to share a review of the show, or tell us any suggestions for guests/topics that you think would be great to have on the show, just email Rob at email@example.com or Devon at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can also leave us a review at http://reviewourpodcast.com ask a question in the closed Open Sky Fitness Facebook Group and even text OSFreview to 33444 to get the link
Get Fit with Free Downloads!
Ask Rob a Question or tell him what is working for you: Email Rob@OpenSkyFitness.com
Support This Podcast
To leave a Review for Rob and the Open Sky Fitness Podcast CLICK NOW! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show and I read each and every one of them.
Contact our amazing sound engineer Ryan? Send him an e-mail here: email@example.com
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Do you have any questions (and would like to hear yourself on the Open Sky Fitness Podcast)? Click on the link on the right side of any page on our website that says “Send Voicemail.”
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates. It’s free!
Thanks for listening/reading episode 255 with Bruce Langford – Why Mindfulness Is Vital For A Healthy Life! We hope you have gained more knowledge on how to be a healthier you.