As you can deduce from the title of this post in today’s circuit training we will be focusing on Chest and Triceps. The reason Chest and Tri’s are so often grouped together in workouts, just like Back and Bi’s are because when you do most chest exercise, like the bench press, the triceps are working as a synergist (helper) along with the pectoralis (muscles of the chest) to create a proper movement. So, because the triceps are already warm from doing a chest workout it just seems obvious to work them on the same day as chest. Check out today’s circuit:
3. Lower Back Twist
1. Crunch with hand on thighs
2. Crunch with twist
4. Toe Touches
5. Reverse Crunch
1. Floor Bridges
1. Kneeling Pushups- Do 10 pushups with your knees on the floor to warm up your chest for today’s circuit.
CARDIO-Again when doing your cardio be sure to keep your intensity high enough that speaking in full sentences is difficult, but not impossible. Try to reach at least 20 minutes today even if the last few minutes have to be at a slow pace.
CIRCUIT TRAINING #1– For each on of these exercises you will be doing 15 reps at a 4/2/1 count. Remember to do enough weight almost fail at 15 reps. And you will not be taking a brake between sets. You will take a 1 minute break after you’ve completed the entire circuit.
1. Flat Bench Dumbbell Press
2. Incline Dumbbell Press
3. Flat Bench Dumbbell Flyes-very important to lower down slowly. For good position imagine your arm are hugging a tree.
4. Reverse Crunches on Bench-Don’t forget to pause at the top for 2 seconds before lower each rep. 20 reps.
REST 1 MINUTE AND REPEAT 1 TO 2 MORE TIMES CIRCUIT #2 1. Close Grip Chest Press with Straight Bar– This movement is great for chest and tri’s, but sometimes it puts a little pressure on the wrists. If you are having that problem just widen your grip.
2. One Arm Triceps Extension from Incline Bench– I couldn’t find an image of what I ment, but this is it in a nut shell. Just replace ball with incline bench and if support your shoulder with your opposite hand by holding the bicep in place. Make sense? Send me a comment if you need further explaination.
3. Tricep Kickbacks
4. Bicycles-50 reps
REST 1 MINUTE AND REPEAT 1 TO 2 MORE TIMES
**Don’t Forget to Stretch Chest and Triceps