“Motivation has to come from within. Nobody is going to convince someone to eat something that they don’t even want to eat.” – Georgie Fear
Making Healthy Skills A Lifestyle!
We are going to start a new challenge in March to help everyone begin creating new skills! Maybe you need an extra push to help keep your New Year Intentions or want to make better choices. The main point of this challenge is to help each other build healthy skills to a point where it becomes a lifestyle.
We’ll begin on Sunday, March 5 and end on Saturday, April 1.
Each week, we’ll be focusing on a different area of health and wellness using apps and tools:
- Mental Health
Learn more and join this event by simply becoming a member in our closed Open Sky Fitness Facebook Group.
Start Your Own Personal Fitness Trainer Career!
One of the members of our Open Sky Fitness Podcast group asked us to share some advice on how she could find potential clients to train. Here are our top tips on how to find clients and launch your personal fitness trainer career.
- Use your expertise to find clients that need your knowledge
- Know and target your demographic group
- Meet your target group half way
- Offer new clients a discount OR a trade of service
- Build your online network and community
“Build a network that can give you referrals and give your client referrals as well.” – Rob and Devon Dionne
4 Methods to Create and Build Healthy Skills
“The process is the result. If you’re constantly trying to skip head and get to the end result of your goal, you’re missing the entire process. You gotta have a goal and then intentions that go along with it.” – Rob Dionne
On this week on the Open Sky Fitness Podcast, Nutrition Coach, Writer, and Published Author, Georgie Fear of One By One Nutrition had a great conversation about how people can create and build healthy skills for life.
On this episode, she specifically shares 4 Methods that she consistently uses with clients:
- Eat 3-4 times a day without snacking and let yourself feel hungry 30-60 minutes before eating.
- How to deal with emotional eating impulses.
- Eat just enough food to be full, but not too full.
- Eating whole foods and avoiding an abundance of hyper-processed foods.
“The client that says, ‘just tell me what to eat’ is actually saying, ‘I don’t trust myself with making these decisions; I’m confused.’ ” – Georgie Fear on helping clients create meal plans.
“You can do a half-time when you eat. Different people will have different methods to doing this, but some will drink a couple of sips of water, put their fork down, or take a couple of breaths just to pause during their meal.” – Georgie Fear on how we can teach ourselves the skill of eating just enough food so that we’re full, but haven’t over-eaten.
The One by One Nutrition Skills Training Map
Each Saturday at 2pm PST you can join us for our batch cooking show! Last week we made chicken salad, chicken bone broth, and two different kinds of roasted almonds: spicy roasted and chile lime roasted almonds. These two dishes and 1 snack all in just 35 minutes!
To watch and learn how to make these easy, healthy meals each Saturday, just join our Open Sky Fitness Podcast group.
Why batch cooking? It’s a great way to prepare for the week by making nutritious, delicious meals in advance. In fact, this food should last you around 3-4 days!
Join The Open Sky Fitness Podcast Group!
That’s right! We have a closed Open Sky Fitness Podcast group on Facebook where you and everyone have the opportunity to talk about your health and fitness goals in a safe environment. We post workouts and start discussions about how to be strategic around finding a healthier you. Check it out!
Start Building Your Own Workouts and Meal Plan!
Click To Download Home Workout Templates or text the word, “lifting,” to 33444 to download the templates.
Have a Question or Review for Rob or Devon?
We love answering questions and getting feedback from you, our listener! If you have any questions to ask us, want to share a review of the show, or tell us any suggestions for guests/topics that you think would be great to have on the show, just email Rob at firstname.lastname@example.org or Devon at email@example.com or you can also leave us a review at www.openskyfitness.com/review, ask a question in the closed Open Sky Fitness Facebook Group and even text OSFreview to 33444 to get the link.
What You’ll Hear on This Episode
00:00 Open Sky Fitness Introduction
1:15 Opening comments with Rob and Devon
3:00 Join our March Madness Challenge in the The Open Sky Fitness Podcast Group on Facebook
6:30 Tips on how to become a personal trainer and look for clients as well as how someone can find the perfect personal trainer for themselves.
1) Use your expertise to find clients that need your knowledge.
9:00 2) Know and target your demographic group
12:20 3) Meet your target group half way
15:40 4) Offer new clients a discount OR a trade of service
21:00 How to decide the price of your personal trainer services
22:30 5) Build your online network and community
27:35 Introduction to Georgie Fear
28:30 How Georgie and her husband started One by One Nutrition
31:40 How Georgie created her career around health and fitness
36:00 Georgie’s experience working with top athletes as well as average people who just want to lose some weight.
41:45 Early on in your career, did you take it on as a personal failure if your clients weren’t seeing the results that they wanted?
43:40 What it’s like for Georgie to work 1 on 1 with non-athletic, normal clients.
46:00 How we can build on healthy skills using Georgie’s book, Lean Health
49:00 The 4 Core Habits according to Georgie
50:00 1) Eat 3-4 times a day without snacking
53:10 How can we control our compulsive eating?
56:00 2) How to deal with emotional eating impulses
1:00:00 We can share a lot of great information between personal trainers to help more people.
1:02:20 You shouldn’t feel bad about being confused about food and nutrition
1:03:00 3) Eating just enough food to be full
1:05:00 Rob’s love of eating buffalo wings and what he can do to help control himself
1:16:40 4) Eating whole foods and avoiding an abundance of hyper-processed foods.
1:25:20 How Georgie helps her clients track their skills
1:34:30 How to get in touch with Georgie
1:35:35 Closing comments with Rob and Devon
1:38:00 Open Sky Fitness Closing
RESOURCES MENTIONED DURING THE SHOW:
- Join The Open Sky Fitness Podcast Group on Facebook
- Visit Georgie Fear’s official website
- Go to One by One Nutrition for personailzed coaching from Georgie and her team
- Join Georgie’s Lean Habits Communtity Facebook Group
- Read Lean Habits For Lifelong Weight Loss by Georgie Fear
- Start cooking with your copy of Racing Weight Cookbook: Lean, Light Recipes for Athletes (The Racing Weight Series) by Georgie Fear and Matt Fitzgerald CISSN
- Check out Fuel Up by Georgie Fear
- Discover more about the Strength Matters Magazine
- Learn more about our guest for next week’s episode, Quentin Zerfaas, who is one of the creators of the Streaks app.
- Check out last week’s podcast episode 134 with Christy Harrison: Make Peace With Food & Your Body
- Find out about healthy foods with OSF episode 102- Julie Daniluk: The Power of Anti-Inflammatory Foods
- Learn more about calories and healthy eating with OSF episode 123- Hot Topics: Gluten & Sugar
- Step up your cooking game with OSF episode 119- Convenient Foods and Meal Prep Hacks
- Get organized with the OSF episode 117- Kitchen Clean Out Hacks
- Change your ways with OSF episode 115- 5 Steps to Planning a Healthy Life
- Want learn the healthy way to add calories? Find out How To Gain Weight Fast with the OSF Episode 90
Ask Rob a Question or tell him what is working for you: Email Rob@OpenSkyFitness.com
To leave a Review for Rob and the Open Sky Fitness Podcast CLICK NOW! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show and I read each and every one of them.
Contact our amazing sound engineer Ryan? Send him an e-mail here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Do you have any questions (and would like to hear yourself on the Open Sky Fitness Podcast)? Click on the link on the right side of any page on our website that says “Send Voicemail.”
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates. It’s free!
Thanks for listening/reading Episode 136 with Georgie Fear: How to Create and Build Healthy Skills! We hope you have gained more knowledge on how to be a healthier you!