“People want to lose weight but they also want happiness and joy in their lives. That just doesn’t come from the gym and eating healthy. Eating better and exercising can add to it but there’s a whole entire lifestyle that you need to really facilitate and nurture.” – Rob Dionne
Hey guys! I recently had an awesome interview as a guest on Adam Schaeuble’s new podcast, Casting The Pod. Adam’s name might sound familiar to you and he was actually a past Open Sky Fitness Guest in episode 189 – Creating Your Own Lifestyle Rehabilitation Statement And Plan.
Adam also hosts The Million Pound Mission Podcast. His new podcast, Casting The Pod shares the stories of podcasters and their experiences building, promoting, and growing a podcast show. It is also a 100% real and authentic representation of his own podcasting journey. All of his growth strategies (good and bad) will be revealed and all of the download and monetization numbers will be shared. His goal is to deliver a weekly dose of POD-tastic info that will help podcasters get their message out there!
I had such an awesome time sharing my podcasting story with Adam that I wanted to share it on Open Sky Fitness with all of you as well. Not only did we talk about the origin, current status, and future of Open Sky Fitness but we also dove into what’s going on in my personal life as a new father. Hence, this episode will also be about making lifestyle changes and how we can make that happen.
As you tune in, we’ll talk about:
- Rob’s advice for preparing for an interview and how to make the show light and entertaining.
- How to rebound from a tough interview and make any podcast episode awesome.
- Why being comfortable talking to people is so key to becoming a podcaster and it’s okay if that’s not you because you can focus on other things like writing, Instagram, YouTube etc.
- Why you’re not just interviewing people but you’re also building relationships with people.
- How Rob’s life has changed since the birth of his daughter, Charlie Skye.
- The benefits of meeting with a therapist and what he learned from his sessions.
- The moment Rob realized he had to take a step back in order to give himself and his family more attention and care.
- How Rob strives to practice what he preaches and really wants to work with people from a genuine place.
- How to build an environment in which you can thrive.
What You’ll Hear on This Episode
00:00 Open Sky Fitness Introduction
1:15 Opening comments with Rob and Devon
1:30 Check out last week’s show: BJ Gaddour: Has The Fitness Industry Let Us Down? – Ep. 227
1:40 About today’s special podcast episode with Adam Schaeuble on his show, Casting The Pod
3:00 Join the conversation in our online Open Sky Fitness Podcast Group on Facebook
3:45 How we’re restructuring our own lives to be more impactful and mindful with Open Sky Fitness.
5:40 Work with Devon and I through one-on-one coaching.
6:20 It’s okay if change is scary; it’s totally normal for everyone.
9:00 Introduction to our podcast share with Adam Schaeuble this week on Casting The Pod
15:00 The moment leading up to him starting a podcast and why he chose it over YouTube.
16:00 What the start of Open Sky Fitness was like in the beginning.
19:00 Rob’s advice for preparing for an interview and how to make the show light and entertaining.
20:00 How he structures the episodes and switching between creating his own content and interviewing people.
23:30 Rob’s process for researching and preparing to interview a guest.
32:30 Why it’s totally okay to ask for them to send you a book to help you with your research for the interview.
34:30 How to rebound from a tough interview and make any podcast episode awesome.
38:00 How to go with the flow during an interview and how to know it’s time to ask your next question.
43:00 What makes a great story in an interviewee and why solely information just isn’t enough.
45:50 Why being comfortable talking to people is so key to becoming a podcaster and it’s okay if that’s not you because you can focus on other things like writing, Instagram, YouTube etc.
47:00 Some of Rob’s best stories as a podcaster.
58:00 How Rob’s life has changed since the birth of his daughter, Charlie Skye.
1:00:00 The benefits of meeting with a therapist and what he learned from his sessions.
1:03:00 The moment Rob realized he had to take a step back in order to give himself and his family more attention and care.
1:06:00 How Rob strives to practice what he preaches and really wants to work with people from a genuine place.
1:08:30 How to build an environment in which you can thrive.
1:13:00 Rob’s dream day plan for the future.
1:29:00 Rob’s advice and a story to go with it: Just get started.
1:38:00 Does the length of the interview matter?
1:41:00 Why you’re not just interviewing people but you’re also building relationships with people.
1:48:00 Unwritten rules of social media and sharing online.
1:52:40 Final comments with Rob and Devon
1:12:00 Check out our Open Sky Fitness Podcast Group on Facebook
1:12:10 Contact Devon and I if you’re interested in one-on-one coaching with us.
1:57:00 Open Sky Fitness Closing
RESOURCES MENTIONED DURING THE SHOW:
- Leave us an iTunes review
- Subscribe to our podcast and take your health to the next level!
- Join The Open Sky Fitness Podcast Group on Facebook
- Learn more about the Sky Fit Challenge
- Clean up your diet with our 7 Day Paleo Reset
- Contact Rob and Devon to apply for One-On-One Coaching Sessions
- Learn more about our new sponsor – ButcherBox
- Check out last week’s episode: BJ Gaddour: Has The Fitness Industry Let Us Down? – Ep. 227
- Connect with Adam Schaeuble via:
- Check out Adam’s new podcast: Casting The Pod
- Listen to the Million Pound Mission Podcast
- Find out more about the Launch, Fix, Grow community.
- Tune into Adam’s episode on OSF 189 – Adam Schaeuble: Creating Your Own Lifestyle Rehabilitation Statement And Plan
- Join Adam’s Premiere Podcast Bootcamp at LaunchFixGrow.com
- Learn more about the New Media Summit
- Book your guests with Schedule Once
- Check out The Renegade Experience
- Find out more about Jill Miller of The Roll Model
- Learn more about the Fit Bottomed Girls Podcast
- You might be interested in these other Open Sky Fitness Podcast episodes:
- OSF 013 – Nina Teicholz: The Big Fat Surprise
- OSF 033 – Chris Brogan On Treating Your Body Like A Fortune 500 Company
- OSF 089 – Josh Davis: How To Be Super Effective
- OSF 097 Dr. Loren Cordain: The Origen Of The Paleo Diet
- OSF 137 Autumn Calabrese: Moving Forward And Staying Strong
- OSF 171 Dan John: Getting Strong Is Simple…Not Easy
JOIN THE SKY FIT CHALLENGE!
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE
The challenge consists of:
- 8 Weeks of Equipment Free Bodyweight Workouts in 20 minutes or less. (No gym membership required)
- SIMPLE Whole Food Meal Plan w/Tasty Recipe Cookbook Featuring 60+ recipes!
- Foolproof Schedule so you know EXACTLY what you’re supposed to do every day.
- Access to our New Private Facebook Group – Sky Fit Challenge Group to share your progress with everyone as well as receive support and be held accountable.
Do The FREE 7 Day Paleo Rest
Simply go to 7DayPaleoReset.com to sign up now
One of the best things you can do for your mind and body in your mission to get healthier is to focus on your nutrition. That’s why we’re allowing people to sign up now to join us for our next Free 7 Day Paleo Rest! It’s all done via Facebook so no annoying emails that will fill up your inbox.
As part of the 7 Day Paleo Reset, we will provide you with:
- Introduction to what the Paleo Diet is all about
- 7 Day guide to easy Paleo recipes
- What batch cooking is and how to incorporate that into your lifestyle
- Various content resources including generational eating habits, the importance of building a wellness community, and how to begin a new healthy lifestyle.
- How to make an impact on your life and life a life full of wellness.
Look Out For Our Upcoming
Throw Back Thursday Podcast Episodes!
We’ll be releasing new podcasts episodes on Thursdays that discuss previous episodes we’ve done, but we need your help! Go to the Open Sky Fitness Facebook Group and tell us what your favorite episodes are. Then, Devon and I will re-listen to that episode, pick out the best parts and share even more insights on the topic.
We won’t just be regurgitating the same information over again. Since we began this podcast, there’s so much more information out their on health, nutrition, fitness, and personal wellness. So, each Thursday we’ll really just be going deeper into your favorite topics!
Claim Your FREE Bacon + $10 Off
With Our Sponsor – ButcherBox
That’s right! By listening to the Open Sky Fitness Podcast, you get the chance to get a free order of bacon plus $10 off your first ButcherBox purchase!!
ButcherBox delivers 100% grass-fed beef, free-range organic chicken, and heritage breed pork directly to your door. Think of them as the neighborhood butcher for modern America.
Join The Open Sky Fitness Podcast Group!
That’s right! We have a closed Open Sky Fitness Podcast group on Facebook where you and everyone have the opportunity to talk about your health and fitness goals in a safe environment. We post workouts and start discussions about how to be strategic about finding a healthier you. Check it out!
Start Building Your Own Workouts and Meal Plan!
Click To Download Home Workout Templates or text the word, “lifting,” to 33444 to download the templates.
Have a Question or Review for Rob or Devon?
We love answering questions and getting feedback from you, our listener! If you have any questions to ask us, want to share a review of the show, or tell us any suggestions for guests/topics that you think would be great to have on the show, just email Rob at firstname.lastname@example.org or Devon at email@example.com or you can also leave us a review at http://reviewourpodcast.com ask a question in the closed Open Sky Fitness Facebook Group and even text OSFreview to 33444 to get the link.
Get Fit with Free Downloads!
Ask Rob a Question or tell him what is working for you: Email Rob@OpenSkyFitness.com
Support This Podcast
To leave a Review for Rob and the Open Sky Fitness Podcast CLICK NOW! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show and I read each and every one of them.
Contact our amazing sound engineer Ryan? Send him an e-mail here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Do you have any questions (and would like to hear yourself on the Open Sky Fitness Podcast)? Click on the link on the right side of any page on our website that says “Send Voicemail.”
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates. It’s free!
Thanks for listening/reading episode 228 – How To Get More Out Of Life By Doing Less With Adam Schaeuble! We hope you have gained more knowledge on how to be a healthier you.