Author, Marketer, Speaker, and Podcaster, Doug Morneau, joins us to share how he went from being ill and stuck in bed with double pneumonia to turning his life around, losing weight, and getting in the best shape of his life by going off his prescribed medications, eating healthy, and begging an exercise regime of cardio and lifting heavy weights which would lead to CrossFit and Olympic weightlifting training.
You can soon learn more about his journey with his upcoming book, Prescribed To Death: How I Got Off 5 Medications And Saved My Life.
Tune in as Doug shares:
- His bought of double pneumonia in both lungs and how that forced him to take another look at his lifestyle.
- The new life mission to get back on his feet with the help of personal trainers who focused on nutrition, lifting heavy, and cardio.
- Why you don’t have to be a biohacker to live a healthier life by simply focusing on exercise, nutrition, sleep, and mindfulness.
- His new approach to work and what tricks helped him get tasks done while balancing life.
- How to find your peak performance time to be your most productive self.
- His and his wife’s transition from working with personal trainers to trying other activities on their own such as CrossFit and Olympic weight lifting.
- The importance of realizing when you need to step back, relax, and remind yourself to enjoy the process
Three Big Lies by Doug Morneau
Doug has made his clients in excess of $100 million dollars, leveraging email marketing and renting third party permission-based email lists making him one of the nation’s largest media buyers of rented email lists.
It’s shocking to hear email marketing leaders, SAS vendors, email service providers, and industry associations promoting their bias and misinformation about email list rental with marketers around the world.
Three Big Lies dispels the myths, confusion, and lies within the email marketing industry relating to email list rental and email marketing.
Doug Morneau – New Media Icon of Influence
About Doug Morneau
During the biggest financial crisis in the history of the world since the great depression, Doug helped his clients raise over $100M in venture capital for their publicly traded companies by sending their story to multiple rented permission-based email lists, using online pay per click advertising, and social media.
His bold aggressive strategy grew his client’s businesses massively and made – Doug the largest single purchaser of rented email lists in North America booking as much as $16M per year
With Doug’s extensive experience renting permission-based third-party email lists he has helped his clients to reach millions of potential investors online. He has used this targeted and responsive email media to identify and market to many industries, sectors, and consumer group matching his client’s avatar or ideal customer.
Currently, he hosts the new podcast Real Marketing Real Fast and consults with clients wanting to expand their b2b and b2b sales in the United States using email lists, social media, celebrity endorsements, and online advertising.
Let Us Coach You On The Podcast!
Come on the podcast and let us be your coach for an hour on the show!
We talked about this a while back but we want you, the listener, to be a guest on our show by allowing us to be your personal coaches for a 1-hour call. Your call will be featured as an actual episode on our podcast but can always keep your identity hidden by changing your name because we know that our health is everything and some things we’d like to keep to ourselves.
Here’s how you sign up:
- Go to http://openskyfitness.com/contact/
- Fill out your name, email address, and message
- In your message, please include:
- Your goals
- What obstacles you believe are standing in your way
- Your expectations and how you think Devon and Rob can help you
What You’ll Hear on This Episode
00:00 Open Sky Fitness Introduction
1:15 Opening comments with Rob and Devon
3:00 Rob’s love of coffee, the start of OCD Coffee, and why he began roasting his own coffee beans that he will dive more into in next week’s episode.
4:00 Biggest takeaways from today’s workout, warming up, and lifting weights with a college friend.
9:00 Introduction to Doug Morneau
11:30 His average day as a busy entrepreneur and balancing his health.
15:00 What his regular routine was like before balancing it and focusing on not only work but himself as well.
17:00 His bought of double pneumonia in both lungs and how that forced him to take another look at his lifestyle.
22:00 His mission to get back on his feet with the help of personal trainers who focused on nutrition, lifting heavy, and cardio.
24:20 Why you don’t have to be a biohacker to live a healthier life by simply focusing on exercise, nutrition, sleep, and mindfulness.
26:00 His new approach to work and what tricks helped him get tasks done while balancing life.
26:50 How to find your peak performance time to be your most productive self.
30:40 The benefits of outsourcing help from other people.
36:00 His and his wife’s transition from working with personal trainers to trying other activities on their own such as CrossFit and Olympic weight lifting.
39:30 Why business and fitness are actually very closely intertwined.
41:20 The importance of realizing when you need to step back, relax, and remind yourself to enjoy the process.
45:00 How he keeps himself motivated with big goals that he keeps to himself or in a small circle.
47:00 What his childhood was like growing up with his father and grandfather never getting along and the biggest takeaways he took from his relationships with both of them.
50:00 His favorite morning routines that he has implemented in his new healthy lifestyle.
56:00 How to separate life and work for better wellbeing.
57:00 His new book, Prescribed To Death: How I Got Off 5 Medications And Saved My Life, coming out soon!
59:45 Final comments with Rob and Devon.
1:01: Open Sky Fitness Closing
RESOURCES MENTIONED DURING THE SHOW:
- Leave us an iTunes review
- Subscribe to our podcast and take your health to the next level!
- Join The Open Sky Fitness Podcast Group on Facebook
- Learn more about the Sky Fit Challenge
- Clean up your diet with our 7 Day Paleo Reset
- Contact Rob and Devon to apply for One-On-One Coaching Sessions
- Learn more about our new sponsor – ButcherBox
- Check out our other latest podcast episodes:
- Connect with Doug Morneau via:
- Check out Doug’s podcast, Real Marketing Real Fast
- Listen to Rob’s Episode – How To Be Healthy In A Crazy, Busy World with Rob Dionne
- Learn more about Q4fit with Doug and Heather Morneau
- You might like these mentioned protein powders:
- Listen to these other podcast epiosdes mentioned during the show:
- Check out Rob on Justin Schenk’s podcast:
JOIN THE SKY FIT CHALLENGE!
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE
The challenge consists of:
- 8 Weeks of Equipment Free Bodyweight Workouts in 20 minutes or less. (No gym membership required)
- SIMPLE Whole Food Meal Plan w/Tasty Recipe Cookbook Featuring 60+ recipes!
- Foolproof Schedule so you know EXACTLY what you’re supposed to do every day.
- Access to our New Private Facebook Group – Sky Fit Challenge Group to share your progress with everyone as well as receive support and be held accountable.
Do The FREE 7 Day Paleo Rest
Simply go to 7DayPaleoReset.com to sign up now
One of the best things you can do for your mind and body in your mission to get healthier is to focus on your nutrition. That’s why we’re allowing people to sign up now to join us for our next Free 7 Day Paleo Rest! It’s all done via Facebook so no annoying emails that will fill up your inbox.
As part of the 7 Day Paleo Reset, we will provide you with:
- Introduction to what the Paleo Diet is all about
- 7 Day guide to easy Paleo recipes
- What batch cooking is and how to incorporate that into your lifestyle
- Various content resources including generational eating habits, the importance of building a wellness community, and how to begin a new healthy lifestyle.
- How to make an impact on your life and life a life full of wellness.
Look Out For Our Upcoming
Throw Back Thursday Podcast Episodes!
We’ll be releasing new podcasts episodes on Thursdays that discuss previous episodes we’ve done, but we need your help! Go to the Open Sky Fitness Facebook Group and tell us what your favorite episodes are. Then, Devon and I will re-listen to that episode, pick out the best parts and share even more insights on the topic.
We won’t just be regurgitating the same information over again. Since we began this podcast, there’s so much more information out their on health, nutrition, fitness, and personal wellness. So, each Thursday we’ll really just be going deeper into your favorite topics!
Claim Your FREE Bacon + $10 Off
With Our Sponsor – ButcherBox
That’s right! By listening to the Open Sky Fitness Podcast, you get the chance to get a free order of bacon plus $10 off your first ButcherBox purchase!!
ButcherBox delivers 100% grass-fed beef, free-range organic chicken, and heritage breed pork directly to your door. Think of them as the neighborhood butcher for modern America.
Join The Open Sky Fitness Podcast Group!
That’s right! We have a closed Open Sky Fitness Podcast group on Facebook where you and everyone have the opportunity to talk about your health and fitness goals in a safe environment. We post workouts and start discussions about how to be strategic about finding a healthier you. Check it out!
Start Building Your Own Workouts and Meal Plan!
Click To Download Home Workout Templates or text the word, “lifting,” to 33444 to download the templates.
Have a Question or Review for Rob or Devon?
We love answering questions and getting feedback from you, our listener! If you have any questions to ask us, want to share a review of the show, or tell us any suggestions for guests/topics that you think would be great to have on the show, just email Rob at email@example.com or Devon at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can also leave us a review at http://reviewourpodcast.com ask a question in the closed Open Sky Fitness Facebook Group and even text OSFreview to 33444 to get the link
Get Fit with Free Downloads!
Ask Rob a Question or tell him what is working for you: Email Rob@OpenSkyFitness.com
Support This Podcast
To leave a Review for Rob and the Open Sky Fitness Podcast CLICK NOW! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show and I read each and every one of them.
Contact our amazing sound engineer Ryan? Send him an e-mail here: email@example.com
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Do you have any questions (and would like to hear yourself on the Open Sky Fitness Podcast)? Click on the link on the right side of any page on our website that says “Send Voicemail.”
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates. It’s free!
Thanks for listening/reading episode 257 with Doug Morneau – Prescribed To Death: How To Get Off Your Meds! We hope you have gained more knowledge on how to be a healthier you.