“99.8% of drug trials have failed. There is no solution and nothing on the horizon for Alzheimer’s disease in the pharmaceutical industry. Everything in terms of prevention with nutrition, lifestyle, and diagnosing some of the interrelated risk factors associated with dementia and Alzheimer’s disease is on the rise.” – Ralph Sanchez
This week, we’re joined by author of The Diabetic Brain in Alzheimer’s Disease, Ralph Sanchez, M.T.C.M., CNS, D.Hom. Ralph has an incredible background of discovering that he needed to heal his mind and body after being exposed to pesticides and mercury toxins. Eventually, this led him down the path to investigating Alzheimer’s disease and how we can prevent it through natural, non-processed foods.
As you tune into today’s episode, you will learn about:
- The connection between Chinese medicine, functional medicine, and homeopathy.
- The importance of understanding your family’s health history and how it will impact your health.
- How the medical system differs from a holistic approach.
- Nutrition and how it affects our chances for heart disease, type 2 diabetes, and Alzheimer’s.
- About his new upcoming book, The Improved Mind Diet, and the impact that the Mediterranean Diet and DASH has on diabetes.
- The benefits of leafy greens and berries with the Mind Diet; especially blueberries for the mind’s health.
- How to transition into a whole foods diet with ease.
- Why diet and exercise are the fundamental tools to Alzheimer’s prevention.
FREE GIFTS FROM RALPH
Enjoyed listening to our interview with Ralph and eager to learn more about Alzheimer’s prevention? Just for our listeners, Ralph is offering free gifts to our listeners including:
- A Free The Alzheimer’s Solution Membership
- A Brain Defend Self Assessment Quiz
- A Free Discovery Session with Ralph Sanchez
- A Preview of his new eBook, “The Improved MIND Diet”
The Diabetic Brain
An emerging and compelling explanation to this alarming projection is the biological phenomena of a brain insulin resistance and the underlying risk factors that are associated with it.
The Diabetic Brain in Alzheimer’s Disease ebook is a thorough and revealing overview of how and why Alzheimer’s is so prevalent. It’s a vital read for anyone wishing to arm themselves with the powerful knowledge that can slash their risk for dementia and preserve their cognitive function into the golden years ahead of them.
Key Points Include:
- How brain insulin resistance contribute to the risk of Late-onset Alzheimer’s disease
- The biological links between type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease to Late-onset Alzheimer’s disease
- The role of inflammation and oxidative stress in the development of Late-onset Alzheimer’s disease
- The importance of understanding the identifiable risk factors that are linked to dementia disorders
- Why it is vital to proactively take steps now to save your brain
About Ralph Sanchez
Ralph Sanchez, M.T.C.M., CNS, D.Hom., is a complementary healthcare practitioner and currently maintains a consulting service in functional medicine that includes a particular emphasis on a “Personalized Brain Health and Renewal Program”. Mr. Sanchez resides in Northern California.
Mr. Sanchez holds a Master’s degree in Traditional Chinese Medicine, is a board-certified nutrition specialist, and has a diplomate certification in homeopathic medicine.
What You’ll Hear on This Episode
00:00 Open Sky Fitness Introduction
1:15 Opening comments with Rob and Devon
1:30 Check out last week’s show: OSF 224 – How To Suppress Hunger to Maximize Weight Loss
1:40 About today’s show with Ralph Sanchez – How to prevent Alzheimer’s through nutrition.
2:40 Join the conversation in our online Open Sky Fitness Podcast Group on Facebook
3:30 What Rob learned from participating in Jay Ferruggia’s Renegade Strength Camp
6:30 How we can continue to grow and train our mind and body.
10:40 Rob and Devon’s future plans for Open Sky Fitness.
14:30 Introduction to Ralph Sanchez
16:40 The exposure to pesticides he had experienced through working in landscaping and the negative effects they had on his health.
18:20 How he ended up in acupuncture school to learn about health and how to help people.
19:20 His credential in homeopathic medicine and journey towards healing his own health issues through functional medicine.
19:50 The connection between Chinese medicine, functional medicine, and homeopathy.
20:40 What symptoms he experienced from being around pesticides so much during his landscaping work.
22:00 The increase of mercury poisoning in his body due to pesticides and how a detoxification improved his health drastically.
25:40 The concussion he received from a car crash and how that along with the pesticides and mercury really impacted his brain’s health.
26:30 The groundbreaking discovery of the genetic risk factor, APoE4, linked in those with Alzheimer’s.
28:00 His parent’s backgrounds as far as health and working with metals in factories and how that exposure impacted their health.
30:00 The importance of understanding your family’s health history and how it will impact your health.
31:50 How the medical system differs from a holistic approach.
35:10 Nutrition and how it affects our chances for heart disease, type 2 diabetes, and Alzheimer’s.
37:10 About his new upcoming book, The Improved Mind Diet, and the impact that the Mediterranean Diet and DASH has on diabetes.
39:50 The benefits of leafy greens and berries with the Mind Diet; especially blueberries for the mind’s health.
40:50 Issues some people face with eating carbohydrates and why we’ve turned to follow a more low-carb diet.
44:00 Analyzing our health through blood markers.
47:30 What foods we should be avoiding from packaged process goods.
48:30 How can we transition into a whole foods diet with ease?
50:00 Why we need to add more Omega 3 foods to our diet.
51:20 Rob and Devon’s Pale-based diet and why they don’t eat nearly as much protein as a strict Paleo diet calls for.
52:10 Why diet and exercise are the fundamental tools to Alzheimer’s prevention.
55:30 How to connect with Ralph.
57:20 Final comments with Rob and Devon
1:05:45 Check out our Open Sky Fitness Podcast Group on Facebook
1:02:30 Open Sky Fitness Closing
RESOURCES MENTIONED DURING THE SHOW:
- Leave us an iTunes review
- Subscribe to our podcast and take your health to the next level!
- Join The Open Sky Fitness Podcast Group on Facebook
- Learn more about the Sky Fit Challenge
- Clean up your diet with our 7 Day Paleo Reset
- Contact Rob and Devon to apply for One-On-One Coaching Sessions
- Learn more about our new sponsor – ButcherBox
- Check out last week’s episode: OSF 224 – How To Suppress Hunger to Maximize Weight Loss
- Connect with Ralph Sanchez via:
- Check out Jay Ferruggia’s Renegade Strength Camp
- Listen to Renegade Radio with Jay Ferruggia – Ep. 87 How To Be A Man Of Value: Mike DeSanti
- Learn about the Founder of Functional Medicine, Dr. Jeffrey Bland
- Find out more about the MIND Diet
- You might be interested in these other Open Sky Fitness Podcast episodes:
JOIN THE SKY FIT CHALLENGE!
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE
The challenge consists of:
- 8 Weeks of Equipment Free Bodyweight Workouts in 20 minutes or less. (No gym membership required)
- SIMPLE Whole Food Meal Plan w/Tasty Recipe Cookbook Featuring 60+ recipes!
- Foolproof Schedule so you know EXACTLY what you’re supposed to do every day.
- Access to our New Private Facebook Group – Sky Fit Challenge Group to share your progress with everyone as well as receive support and be held accountable.
Do The FREE 7 Day Paleo Rest
Simply go to 7DayPaleoReset.com to sign up now
One of the best things you can do for your mind and body in your mission to get healthier is to focus on your nutrition. That’s why we’re allowing people to sign up now to join us for our next Free 7 Day Paleo Rest! It’s all done via Facebook so no annoying emails that will fill up your inbox.
As part of the 7 Day Paleo Reset, we will provide you with:
- Introduction to what the Paleo Diet is all about
- 7 Day guide to easy Paleo recipes
- What batch cooking is and how to incorporate that into your lifestyle
- Various content resources including generational eating habits, the importance of building a wellness community, and how to begin a new healthy lifestyle.
- How to make an impact on your life and life a life full of wellness.
Look Out For Our Upcoming
Throw Back Thursday Podcast Episodes!
We’ll be releasing new podcasts episodes on Thursdays that discuss previous episodes we’ve done, but we need your help! Go to the Open Sky Fitness Facebook Group and tell us what your favorite episodes are. Then, Devon and I will re-listen to that episode, pick out the best parts and share even more insights on the topic.
We won’t just be regurgitating the same information over again. Since we began this podcast, there’s so much more information out their on health, nutrition, fitness, and personal wellness. So, each Thursday we’ll really just be going deeper into your favorite topics!
Claim Your FREE Bacon + $10 Off
With Our Sponsor – ButcherBox
That’s right! By listening to the Open Sky Fitness Podcast, you get the chance to get a free order of bacon plus $10 off your first ButcherBox purchase!!
ButcherBox delivers 100% grass-fed beef, free-range organic chicken, and heritage breed pork directly to your door. Think of them as the neighborhood butcher for modern America.
Join The Open Sky Fitness Podcast Group!
That’s right! We have a closed Open Sky Fitness Podcast group on Facebook where you and everyone have the opportunity to talk about your health and fitness goals in a safe environment. We post workouts and start discussions about how to be strategic about finding a healthier you. Check it out!
Start Building Your Own Workouts and Meal Plan!
Click To Download Home Workout Templates or text the word, “lifting,” to 33444 to download the templates.
Have a Question or Review for Rob or Devon?
We love answering questions and getting feedback from you, our listener! If you have any questions to ask us, want to share a review of the show, or tell us any suggestions for guests/topics that you think would be great to have on the show, just email Rob at firstname.lastname@example.org or Devon at email@example.com or you can also leave us a review at http://reviewourpodcast.com ask a question in the closed Open Sky Fitness Facebook Group and even text OSFreview to 33444 to get the link.
Get Fit with Free Downloads!
Ask Rob a Question or tell him what is working for you: Email Rob@OpenSkyFitness.com
Support This Podcast
To leave a Review for Rob and the Open Sky Fitness Podcast CLICK NOW! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show and I read each and every one of them.
Contact our amazing sound engineer Ryan? Send him an e-mail here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Do you have any questions (and would like to hear yourself on the Open Sky Fitness Podcast)? Click on the link on the right side of any page on our website that says “Send Voicemail.”
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates. It’s free!
Thanks for listening/reading episode 225 – The Alzheimer’s Solution: How to Prevent It With Nutrition with Ralph Sanchez! We hope you have gained more knowledge on how to be a healthier you.