Have you ever been into the nutrition section of the bookstore? There are hundreds of books on different diets and eating plans. All claiming that their way of eating is THE way of eating. How can they all be right? And how do you know which one to choose?
Nutrition is an area of science where you can prove opposing theories because the variable is the human body, and every body is different. So what I eat to keep me happy and healthy is going to be a little different than what you eat; and what you eat will be slightly different than what your neighbor eats.
The best thing to do is experiment with many different ways of eating and see what works best for you based on your body and health goals. Below is a list of some of my favorite nutrition books. As you read through them, notice: What things are the same? What things are different?
1. The Energy Balance Diet by Joshua Rosenthal – Balance is the goal when it comes to nutrition. This book will help you find that balance and relax so you can find a way of eating that works for you.
2. Nourishing Wisdom by Marc David – Connection with your own body wisdom is essential to finding a way of eating that is right for you. Marc will give you tips on how to get there.
3. Thrive and Thrive Fitness by Brendan Brazier – Brendan is a committed high raw vegan triathlete. If he doesn’t know how to combine vegan nutrition and exercise, who does?
4. Self Healing Cookbook by Kristina Turner – Best book I have read on incorporating grains and whole foods in an intuitive and simple way.
5. Mindless Eating by Brian Wansink – So much of the time we eat while doing several other things. No wonder we end up eating more than we need and feeling unsatisfied. The tools in this book will really help.
Certified Holistic Health Counselor
To get further support with incorporating these tips into your life and reaching your health goals,
email Christy at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.HowToChow.com and How to Chow on Facebook.