Rico Caveglia’s chronological age is 76 but his fitness energy age is 35. He is America’s healthy aging trainer and creator of the Ageless Living Lifestyle, Vitality for Life Training System, and the Be Bold Never Old Wellness Club not to mention he just kicked off a brand new podcast, Fearless Aging. So, this week on Open Sky Fitness, I get the chance to share his lifestyle with you, what changes in the fitness industry he has witnessed, and more importantly, how we can build habits around nutrition, exercise, and mental wellness to be healthy for life.
As you listen, Rico and I covered:
- How he got his start in the world of health and fitness as one of the first personal trainers in San Diego.
- What new trends have popped up over the years that he enjoyed, disliked, and thought were a waste of time.
- What we used to believe back then compared to now with all of the latest and health and wellness research.
- The benefit of working out at a slow pace except for if you include interval training.
- Why the best investment you can make is one that benefits your health and it’s totally okay to reach out to someone like a personal trainer for help.
- Why solely focusing on weight loss is a waste of your time.
Ageless Living Lifestyle
About Rico Caveglia
Rico is the creator of The Vitality for Life Training Programs.
His health/fitness/wellness consulting and training company in San Diego, Ca. was established in 1981. He is a certified personal trainer, nutritionist, author, workshop leader and multi-time Gold Medalist California State Senior Olympics. He is an award-winning author of 17 books and numerous videos/articles on wellness and longevity. He has 37 years experience training/coaching many of San Diego’s most prominent citizens. He specializes in working with individuals 50 plus years of age, often with such health challenges as heart disease, diabetes, obesity, Parkinson’s and M. S. His successes stem from his ability to design and coaching programs that are personalized, effective, fun and easy to incorporate into busy lives.
Let Us Coach You On The Podcast!
Come on the podcast and let us be your coach for an hour on the show!
We talked about this a while back but we want you, the listener, to be a guest on our show by allowing us to be your personal coaches for a 1-hour call. Your call will be featured as an actual episode on our podcast but can always keep your identity hidden by changing your name because we know that our health is everything and some things we’d like to keep to ourselves.
Here’s how you sign up:
- Go to http://openskyfitness.com/contact/
- Fill out your name, email address, and message
- In your message, please include:
- What you’re struggling with
- What you believe is standing in your way
- What your obstacles are
- What you want to achieve
- Your expectations and how you think Devon and I can help you
What You’ll Hear on This Episode
00:00 Open Sky Fitness Introduction
1:15 Opening comments with Rob and Devon
1:30 Check out last week’s show: OSF 231 – How to Decrease Your Body Fat Composition with Chris DiVecchio
2:00 About our guest today, Rico Caveglia
4:00 Let us coach you on our podcast! Learn all the details here
9:30 Introduction to Rico Caveglia
10:40 How he got his start in the world of health and fitness as one of the first personal trainers in San Diego.
13:00 What new trends have popped up over the years that he enjoyed, disliked, and thought were a waste of time.
17:00 What we used to believe back then compared to now with all of the latest and health and wellness research.
18:50 His advice for staying healthy and preventing injury when working out.
19:30 The benefit of working out at a slow pace except for if you include interval training.
22:30 The hardest activities or forms of exercise to maintain as we age.
28:00 Why the best investment you can make is one that benefits your health and it’s totally okay to reach out to someone like a personal trainer for help.
30:30 Why solely focusing on weight loss is a waste of your time.
32:00 If there’s anything you want to gain; it should be being strong, having a healthy percentage of body fat, and love for your body.
35:00 Personal role models that he’s learned from and who inspire him.
41:00 Why you shouldn’t just big names selling you “sexy” health, fitness, and food products because they probably don’t have your best interest at heart.
42:00 How to begin focusing on prevention now to stay healthy and fit for life not only for ourselves but for the sake of humanity as well.
48:50 About his brand new podcast, Fearless Aging
51:30 Final comments with Rob and Devon
52:00 Check out our Open Sky Fitness Podcast Group on Facebook
52:10 Learn how to can be on the podcast and work with Devon and me in a coaching session!
56:50 Open Sky Fitness Closing
RESOURCES MENTIONED DURING THE SHOW:
- Leave us an iTunes review
- Subscribe to our podcast and take your health to the next level!
- Join The Open Sky Fitness Podcast Group on Facebook
- Learn more about the Sky Fit Challenge
- Clean up your diet with our 7 Day Paleo Reset
- Contact Rob and Devon to apply for One-On-One Coaching Sessions
- Learn more about our new sponsor – ButcherBox
- Check out last week’s episode: OSF 231 – How to Decrease Your Body Fat Composition with Chris DiVecchio
- Connect with Rico Caveglia via:
- Check out Ricos’ various products, services, and communities:
- Tune into his Fearless Aging Podcast
- Learn all about Jack LaLanne
JOIN THE SKY FIT CHALLENGE!
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE
The challenge consists of:
- 8 Weeks of Equipment Free Bodyweight Workouts in 20 minutes or less. (No gym membership required)
- SIMPLE Whole Food Meal Plan w/Tasty Recipe Cookbook Featuring 60+ recipes!
- Foolproof Schedule so you know EXACTLY what you’re supposed to do every day.
- Access to our New Private Facebook Group – Sky Fit Challenge Group to share your progress with everyone as well as receive support and be held accountable.
Do The FREE 7 Day Paleo Rest
Simply go to 7DayPaleoReset.com to sign up now
One of the best things you can do for your mind and body in your mission to get healthier is to focus on your nutrition. That’s why we’re allowing people to sign up now to join us for our next Free 7 Day Paleo Rest! It’s all done via Facebook so no annoying emails that will fill up your inbox.
As part of the 7 Day Paleo Reset, we will provide you with:
- Introduction to what the Paleo Diet is all about
- 7 Day guide to easy Paleo recipes
- What batch cooking is and how to incorporate that into your lifestyle
- Various content resources including generational eating habits, the importance of building a wellness community, and how to begin a new healthy lifestyle.
- How to make an impact on your life and life a life full of wellness.
Look Out For Our Upcoming
Throw Back Thursday Podcast Episodes!
We’ll be releasing new podcasts episodes on Thursdays that discuss previous episodes we’ve done, but we need your help! Go to the Open Sky Fitness Facebook Group and tell us what your favorite episodes are. Then, Devon and I will re-listen to that episode, pick out the best parts and share even more insights on the topic.
We won’t just be regurgitating the same information over again. Since we began this podcast, there’s so much more information out their on health, nutrition, fitness, and personal wellness. So, each Thursday we’ll really just be going deeper into your favorite topics!
Claim Your FREE Bacon + $10 Off
With Our Sponsor – ButcherBox
That’s right! By listening to the Open Sky Fitness Podcast, you get the chance to get a free order of bacon plus $10 off your first ButcherBox purchase!!
ButcherBox delivers 100% grass-fed beef, free-range organic chicken, and heritage breed pork directly to your door. Think of them as the neighborhood butcher for modern America.
Join The Open Sky Fitness Podcast Group!
That’s right! We have a closed Open Sky Fitness Podcast group on Facebook where you and everyone have the opportunity to talk about your health and fitness goals in a safe environment. We post workouts and start discussions about how to be strategic about finding a healthier you. Check it out!
Start Building Your Own Workouts and Meal Plan!
Click To Download Home Workout Templates or text the word, “lifting,” to 33444 to download the templates.
Have a Question or Review for Rob or Devon?
We love answering questions and getting feedback from you, our listener! If you have any questions to ask us, want to share a review of the show, or tell us any suggestions for guests/topics that you think would be great to have on the show, just email Rob at firstname.lastname@example.org or Devon at email@example.com or you can also leave us a review at http://reviewourpodcast.com ask a question in the closed Open Sky Fitness Facebook Group and even text OSFreview to 33444 to get the link.
Get Fit with Free Downloads!
Ask Rob a Question or tell him what is working for you: Email Rob@OpenSkyFitness.com
Support This Podcast
To leave a Review for Rob and the Open Sky Fitness Podcast CLICK NOW! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show and I read each and every one of them.
Contact our amazing sound engineer Ryan? Send him an e-mail here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Do you have any questions (and would like to hear yourself on the Open Sky Fitness Podcast)? Click on the link on the right side of any page on our website that says “Send Voicemail.”
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates. It’s free!
Thanks for listening/reading episode 232 – Weight Loss Goals Are A Waste Of Time with Rico Caveglia! We hope you have gained more knowledge on how to be a healthier you.