As we announced last week, August is Strong People Are Awesome Month and this week we’re sharing our second weeks of tips which includes how to build and maximize home workouts!
At Open Sky Fitness, we believe that it’s important to create a focus on building strength. Not just for now, but throughout our entire lifetimes. We also know that it can be difficult to get into a habit and pattern of adding strengthening exercises to your workout routine.
That’s why this month, we’re dedicating this month to talk about a specific topic during each podcast that helps you build strength:
Strength Week 1: The Importance of Building Strength
Strength Week 2: How to Build and Maximize Home Workouts
Strength Week 3: How to Build Your Own Gym Work Out
Strength Week 4: How to Balance Everything with Multiple Strategies
Strength Week 5: How to Use Recovery to Your Advantage
It’s Easy to Build and Maximize Home Workouts
It may seem difficult, but building and maximizing home workouts is actually quite simple. Better yet, you can do them anywhere and at anytime. Have 10 minutes to spare? Now you don’t have an excuse to skip out on your daily workout with our tips! Gone on vacation? You can easily do these in your hotel room!
To help you get started, Rob has put together a free Jump-Start Workout Guide 2.0. Continue reading below to find out how to get your copy. These book will include everything that Rob and Devon will talk about today including how to do:
- Circuit workouts
- AMRAP workouts (As Many Rounds As Possible)
- Tabata exercises
- On the Minute exercise
- 50-10 for 10 exercises
Rob and Devon will explain how to do each type of exercise and what you can find in the book.
Check Out The Brand New Open Sky Fitness Podcast Facebook Page
That’s right! We’ve started an Open Sky Fitness Podcast group, where you and everyone will have the opportunity to talk about your health and fitness goals in a safe environment. We’ll be posting workouts and starting discussions about how to be strategic around finding a healthier you. Check it out!
Have a Question or Review for Rob or Devon?
We love answering questions and getting feedback from you, our listener! If you have any questions to ask us, a review of the show, or suggestions on guests/topics that you think would be great to have on the show, just email Rob at email@example.com or Devon at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can also leave us a review at www.openskyfitness.com/review and even text OSFreview to 33444 to get the link.
What You’ll Hear on This Episode
0:00 Open Sky Fitness Introduction
1:15 Episode Opening with Rob and Devon
7:25 How to begin creating your own home workout.
10:30 Circuit exercises
13:45 How to do AMRAP (As Many Rounds As Possible) exercises
15:40 How to do Tabata exercises
20:25 The On the Minute exercises
24:35 50-10 for 10 exercises
27:30 Questions from listeners: How can you recover from shoulder tendinitis and calcium deposists? What workouts can you do?
39:15 How can you get off the Bulletproof Diet? What’s the difference between the Bulletproof Diet and other diets such as Paleo and Ketogenic?
46:30 What are some good vitamins and supplements take?
48:15 How can you gain muscle mass now after coming off of the Bulletproof Diet?
53:15 Closing comments with Rob and Devon
54:30 Open Sky Fitness Closing
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- To download a free copy of our Jump-Start Workout Guide 2.0, visit our website: https://openskyfitness.com/
- To join our new Open Sky Fitness Podcast closed group, click here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1794246394138633/
- To learn about the Bulletproof Diet, click here: https://www.bulletproofexec.com/the-complete-illustrated-one-page-bulletproof-diet/
- For an overall view of the Paleo and Ketogenic Diets, check out Rob’s blog post: https://openskyfitness.com/paleo-vs-keto-diet-whats-the-difference/
- To check out our podcast with Dr. Loren Cordain about the Paleo diet, click here: https://openskyfitness.com/dr-loren-cordain-origin-of-the-paleo-diet-ep-97/
- To learn about the Ketogenic Diet, check out our interview with Kristen Mancinelli: https://openskyfitness.com/kristen-mancinelli-how-to-get-to-ketosis-ep-98/
- To check out our EP. 17 – INTERVIEW WITH SARAH BALLANTYNE, PHD, click here: https://openskyfitness.com/ep-17-interview-with-sarah-ballantyne-phd/
- To check out our EP. 23 – EATING BUGS AND ORGAN MEAT WITH SARAH BALLANTYNE (AKA THE PALEO MOM), click here: https://openskyfitness.com/thepaleomom/
- To check out Sarah Ballantyne’s books including The Paleo Approach, click here: http://www.thepaleomom.com/about-the-paleo-mom/sarahs-books
- To learn more about how magnesium sprays can help heal the body, click here: http://theshawnstevensonmodel.com/benefits-of-magnesium/
LINKS TO PRODUCTS MENTIONED IN THE SHOW
- For suggested magnesium sprays, click here:
- Ancient Minerals Magnesium Oil 8 oz. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001AD0HL8/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=opeskyfit-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B001AD0HL8&linkId=91cde36d8cca7b2d09c8f2e0ec0e50d2
- Activation Products Ease Magnesium Spray, 250 ml, Unscented, for Joint and Muscle Pain, Leg Cramps, Eases Restless Legs and Informative eBook https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XIT2X50/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=opeskyfit-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B00XIT2X50&linkId=51f02640ef7aa733a3f57dec4d91c499
- For suggested vitamins with D and K, Vitamins D and K with Sea-IodineTM 60 Capsules, click here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008OA959A/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=opeskyfit-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B008OA959A&linkId=6bb17209703765812a986675d8a45172
- For suggested fish oil products, click here:
- Omegagenics METAGENICS EPA-DHA 720 – 120 SOFTGELS https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001HJYUDG/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=opeskyfit-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B001HJYUDG&linkId=0ce762a45265816302c694cac4532938
- Life Extension Super Omega-3 EPA/DHA with Sesame Lignans & Olive Extract, 120 softgels https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002HIHZ6A/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=opeskyfit-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B002HIHZ6A&linkId=54edab5df6309a60d6919f48f37c929a
- For a suggested product with Chlorella, Organic Chlorella Pyrenoidosa (400), click here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JBCGE8U/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=opeskyfit-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B00JBCGE8U&linkId=03234ee3463532b27f4af6c0bfcd024b
To Download Rob’s FREE workout templates click below**
Ask Rob a Question or tell him what is working for you: Email Rob@OpenSkyFitness.com
To leave a Review for Rob and the Open Sky Fitness Podcast CLICK NOW! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show and I read each and every one of them.
Contact our amazing sound engineer Ryan? Send him an e-mail here: email@example.com
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
If you have any questions (and would like to hear yourself on the Open Sky Fitness Podcast), click on the link on the right side of any page on our website that says “Send Voicemail.”
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates. It’s free!
Thanks for listening/reading Episode 108-How to Build and Maximize Home Workouts. We hope you have gained more knowledge on how to be a healthier you!