Pre & Post Workout Supplements, Reinjury Fears, CrossFit Training, Muscle Relief Aids – Ep. 226
Pre & Post Workout Supplements, Reinjury Fears, CrossFit Training, Muscle Relief Aids
Hey guys, we received a ton of awesome questions from members of the Open Sky Fitness Podcast Group on Facebook so today we’re taking the time to answer them for you. If you ever have a question or need help with something, you can always ask in the Facebook group and either we or someone in the group can help you out.
Questions we’ll be going over include:
- Muscle rubs, creams, balms, and oil (cold, hot, herbal, Hanako, arnica, CBD/cannabis etc.) – How do they work? Are they actually good for the muscles? What are their benefits?
- How can I get over my fear of reinjury or injuring someone else during a workout, practice, or sporting event?
- What’s Rob’s favorite version of a classic exercise?
- Can CrossFit can be utilized in a normal strength training program?
- Are Nitric oxide boosters and pre-workout powders beneficial for strength and cardio training?
- What foods should we eat after a hard workout and how long should we wait to eat them?
What You’ll Hear on This Episode
00:00 Open Sky Fitness Introduction
1:15 Opening comments with Rob and Devon
1:30 Check out last week’s show: OSF 225 – The Alzheimer’s Solution: How to Prevent It With Nutrition with Ralph Sanchez
1:50 Join the conversation in our online Open Sky Fitness Podcast Group on Facebook
4:00 The benefits of reaching out for help from someone like a business coach or personal coach to help make decisions and get unstuck.
6:30 Our one-on-one coaching services that are currently available to help you with your wellness journey.
8:30 Why you have to take care of your health first before helping other people.
10:20 First Question: Muscle rubs – Are they actually good for the muscles? What are their benefits? How do they work?
30:00 Second Question: How can I get over my fear of reinjury or injuring someone else during a workout, practice, or sporting event?
38:00 Rob’s favorite variations of classic exercises.
46:20 Can CrossFit can be utilized in a normal strength training program?
55:35 Are Nitric oxide boosters and pre-workout powders beneficial for strength and cardio training?
59:30 How to stay energized during a workout besides pre-workout powders and supplements.
1:00:00 Pros and cons of pre-workout supplements.
1:06:00 Protein shakes vs. food after a workout?
1:10:00 How to see if the protein shake or food is giving you the better result.
1:11:40 Final comments with Rob and Devon
1:12:00 Check out our Open Sky Fitness Podcast Group on Facebook
1:12:10 Contact Devon and I if you’re interested in one-on-one coaching with us.
1:13:10 Open Sky Fitness Closing
RESOURCES MENTIONED DURING THE SHOW:
- Leave us an iTunes review
- Subscribe to our podcast and take your health to the next level!
- Join The Open Sky Fitness Podcast Group on Facebook
- Learn more about the Sky Fit Challenge
- Clean up your diet with our 7 Day Paleo Reset
- Contact Rob and Devon to apply for One-On-One Coaching Sessions
- Learn more about our new sponsor – ButcherBox
- Check out last week’s episode: OSF 225 – The Alzheimer’s Solution: How to Prevent It With Nutrition with Ralph Sanchez
- Check out Jay Ferruggia’s Renegade Strength Camp
- Learn more about Bret Contreras of the Glute Lab
- You might be interested in these other Open Sky Fitness Podcast episodes:
JOIN THE SKY FIT CHALLENGE!
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE
The challenge consists of:
- 8 Weeks of Equipment Free Bodyweight Workouts in 20 minutes or less. (No gym membership required)
- SIMPLE Whole Food Meal Plan w/Tasty Recipe Cookbook Featuring 60+ recipes!
- Foolproof Schedule so you know EXACTLY what you’re supposed to do every day.
- Access to our New Private Facebook Group – Sky Fit Challenge Group to share your progress with everyone as well as receive support and be held accountable.
Do The FREE 7 Day Paleo Rest
Simply go to 7DayPaleoReset.com to sign up now
One of the best things you can do for your mind and body in your mission to get healthier is to focus on your nutrition. That’s why we’re allowing people to sign up now to join us for our next Free 7 Day Paleo Rest! It’s all done via Facebook so no annoying emails that will fill up your inbox.
As part of the 7 Day Paleo Reset, we will provide you with:
- Introduction to what the Paleo Diet is all about
- 7 Day guide to easy Paleo recipes
- What batch cooking is and how to incorporate that into your lifestyle
- Various content resources including generational eating habits, the importance of building a wellness community, and how to begin a new healthy lifestyle.
- How to make an impact on your life and life a life full of wellness.
Look Out For Our Upcoming
Throw Back Thursday Podcast Episodes!
We’ll be releasing new podcasts episodes on Thursdays that discuss previous episodes we’ve done, but we need your help! Go to the Open Sky Fitness Facebook Group and tell us what your favorite episodes are. Then, Devon and I will re-listen to that episode, pick out the best parts and share even more insights on the topic.
We won’t just be regurgitating the same information over again. Since we began this podcast, there’s so much more information out their on health, nutrition, fitness, and personal wellness. So, each Thursday we’ll really just be going deeper into your favorite topics!
Claim Your FREE Bacon + $10 Off
With Our Sponsor – ButcherBox
That’s right! By listening to the Open Sky Fitness Podcast, you get the chance to get a free order of bacon plus $10 off your first ButcherBox purchase!!
ButcherBox delivers 100% grass-fed beef, free-range organic chicken, and heritage breed pork directly to your door. Think of them as the neighborhood butcher for modern America.
Join The Open Sky Fitness Podcast Group!
That’s right! We have a closed Open Sky Fitness Podcast group on Facebook where you and everyone have the opportunity to talk about your health and fitness goals in a safe environment. We post workouts and start discussions about how to be strategic about finding a healthier you. Check it out!
Start Building Your Own Workouts and Meal Plan!
Download Results Tracker here!
Click To Download Home Workout Templates or text the word, “lifting,” to 33444 to download the templates.
Download the OSF Food Journal Now!
Have a Question or Review for Rob or Devon?
We love answering questions and getting feedback from you, our listener! If you have any questions to ask us, want to share a review of the show, or tell us any suggestions for guests/topics that you think would be great to have on the show, just email Rob at email@example.com or Devon at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can also leave us a review at http://reviewourpodcast.com ask a question in the closed Open Sky Fitness Facebook Group and even text OSFreview to 33444 to get the link.
Get Fit with Free Downloads!
To Download Rob’s FREE workout templates click below**
Ask Rob a Question or tell him what is working for you: Email Rob@OpenSkyFitness.com
Support This Podcast
To leave a Review for Rob and the Open Sky Fitness Podcast CLICK NOW! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show and I read each and every one of them.
Contact our amazing sound engineer Ryan? Send him an e-mail here: email@example.com
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Do you have any questions (and would like to hear yourself on the Open Sky Fitness Podcast)? Click on the link on the right side of any page on our website that says “Send Voicemail.”
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates. It’s free!
Thanks for listening/reading episode 226 – Pre & Post Workout Supplements, Reinjury Fears, CrossFit Training, Muscle Relief Aids! We hope you have gained more knowledge on how to be a healthier you.