Getting Clear On What You Want for 2020
Happy New Year everybody! As we kick off not only a new year but also a new decade, Devon and I wanted to share some great strategies that have helped us and will aid your mission of getting clear on what you want for 2020 and beyond.
Probably the biggest takeaway that you will get from this episode is that you never have to, nor should, go it alone. Reaching out for help, sharing your intentions, and asking your inner circle for support really makes a difference.
In this episode we cover the Life SAVERS strategy based on the book, The Morning Miracle by Hal Elrod:
In our first episode of 2020 focusing on getting clear on what you want we also discuss:
- What it means to be an adult: Asking for help whenever you need it.
- Why working backward on any goal is the best strategy for what you want to achieve in life.
- The importance of being open and sharing your goals with your inner circle, network, and community.
- Why you have to make long-term goals to achieve what you want in life.
Want to learn more strategies that will help you achieve what you want in 2020? Then you should check out Episode 125 – The Power of Intention
Claim Your FREE Bacon + $10 Off
With Our Sponsor – ButcherBox
That’s right! By listening to the Open Sky Fitness Podcast, you get the chance to get a free order of bacon plus $10 off your first ButcherBox purchase!!
ButcherBox delivers 100% grass-fed beef, free-range organic chicken, and heritage breed pork directly to your door. Think of them as the neighborhood butcher for modern America.
Introducing: The Official Coffee Diet Group
What is The Official Coffee Diet Group? It’s a group in which I’m going to share how you can get started with The Official Coffee Diet, transform your lifestyle, lose weight, roast your own coffee beans, and start feeling great!
Let Us Coach You On The Podcast!
Come on the podcast and let us be your coach for an hour on the show!
We talked about this a while back but we want you, the listener, to be a guest on our show by allowing us to be your personal coaches for a 1-hour call. Your call will be featured as an actual episode on our podcast but can always keep your identity hidden by changing your name because we know that our health is everything and some things we’d like to keep to ourselves.
Here’s how you sign up:
- Go to https://openskyfitness.com/contact/
- Fill out your name, email address, and message
- In your message, please include:
- Your goals
- What obstacles you believe are standing in your way
- Your expectations and how you think Devon and Rob can help you
What You’ll Hear on This Episode:
Getting Clear On What You Want for 2020
00:00 Open Sky Fitness Introduction
1:15 Opening comments with Rob and Devon
3:00 The book, The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod, and the great impact it has had on both Rob and Devon.
5:50 Your Golden Hour: Move your wake up time to a max of one hour earlier.
8:30 The Life SAVERS acronym to help you create your Miracle Morning for 20 minutes to 1 hour by setting aside 2-10 minutes for each.
8:50 Silent: Be silent in the morning to get in the right mindset.
10:00 Affirmations: Focus on positive affirmations.
12:00 Visualization: Think about and visualize what you want your life to look like.
13:40 Exercise: Set up an exercise routine for your morning whether it’s 5, 10, 15 or more minutes
16:30 Reading: Get your creative juices flowing and why Rob chooses it as his very first thing to do in the morning.
18:40 Scribing: Journaling down your thoughts or goals.
19:30 Rob and Devon’s tips for adding meditation into your mix.
20:00 How Life SAVERS have helped Rob and Devon improve their morning ritual.
25:00 Building a visualization practice to help you create what you want in life.
27:00 How to create and focus on deep-rooted goals based on your true dreams.
28:30 How to decide whether you truly want something or to be someone and it’s just the idea of it that you love.
35:00 Rob and Devon’s future intentions for themselves and their family.
38:00 Why working backward on any goal is the best strategy for what you want to achieve in life.
41:00 The importance of being open and sharing your goals with your inner circle, network, and community.
50:00 Why you have to make long-term goals to achieve what you want in life.
59:00 Stay tuned for our re-release of Episode 125 – The Power of Intention
1:14:150 Closing comments with Rob and Devon
1:18:00 Open Sky Fitness Closing
RESOURCES MENTIONED DURING THE SHOW:
- Leave us an iTunes review
- Subscribe to our podcast and take your health to the next level!
- Join The Open Sky Fitness Podcast Group on Facebook
- Learn more about the Sky Fit Challenge
- Clean up your diet with our 7 Day Paleo Reset
- Contact Rob and Devon to apply for One-On-One Coaching Sessions
- Learn more about our new sponsor – ButcherBox
- Get your own copy of The Morning Miracle by Hal Elrod
- Read these other books mentioned on the show:
- Download both the Nextdoor app and the Insight Timer app
- Learn more about Why Bikram Yoga’s founder is in hot water in a new Netflix documentary
- Watch the BIKRAM: YOGI, GURU, PREDATOR | Official Trailer | Netflix
- Listen to the Tune into the Growth Now Movement with Justin Schenck episode no. 116 – The Real Why’s Behind Getting Healthy with Rob Dionne
- Check out these other Open Sky Fitness Podcast episodes to help your mission of getting clear on what you want:
- The Power of Intention – Ep. 125
- 40 Gratitude Strategies For Life With Scott Colby – Ep. 264
- Self Love: Why We Have To Work For Our Own Happiness With Briar Flicker-Grossman – Ep. 268
- How To Get Out Of A Health Rut With Udo Erasmus – Ep. 263
- Simplifying Intermittent Fasting: You’re Welcome! With Kristen Mancinelli – Ep. 247
- Gretchen Rubin: Navigating Expectations With The Four Tendencies – Ep. 234
- Jen Shipp: How To Lose 150 Pounds Naturally Using Momentum – Ep. 191
JOIN THE SKY FIT CHALLENGE!
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE
The challenge consists of:
- 8 Weeks of Equipment Free Bodyweight Workouts in 20 minutes or less. (No gym membership required)
- SIMPLE Whole Food Meal Plan w/Tasty Recipe Cookbook Featuring 60+ recipes!
- Foolproof Schedule so you know EXACTLY what you’re supposed to do every day.
- Access to our New Private Facebook Group – Sky Fit Challenge Group to share your progress with everyone as well as receive support and be held accountable.
Do The FREE 7 Day Paleo Rest
Simply go to 7DayPaleoReset.com to sign up now
One of the best things you can do for your mind and body in your mission to get healthier is to focus on your nutrition. That’s why we’re allowing people to sign up now to join us for our next Free 7 Day Paleo Rest! It’s all done via Facebook so no annoying emails that will fill up your inbox.
As part of the 7 Day Paleo Reset, we will provide you with:
- Introduction to what the Paleo Diet is all about
- 7 Day guide to easy Paleo recipes
- What batch cooking is and how to incorporate that into your lifestyle
- Various content resources including generational eating habits, the importance of building a wellness community, and how to begin a new healthy lifestyle.
- How to make an impact on your life and life a life full of wellness.
Look Out For Our Upcoming
Throw Back Thursday Podcast Episodes!
We’ll be releasing new podcasts episodes on Thursdays that discuss previous episodes we’ve done, but we need your help! Go to the Open Sky Fitness Facebook Group and tell us what your favorite episodes are. Then, Devon and I will re-listen to that episode, pick out the best parts and share even more insights on the topic.
We won’t just be regurgitating the same information over again. Since we began this podcast, there’s so much more information out their on health, nutrition, fitness, and personal wellness. So, each Thursday we’ll really just be going deeper into your favorite topics!
Join The Open Sky Fitness Podcast Group!
That’s right! We have a closed Open Sky Fitness Podcast group on Facebook where you and everyone have the opportunity to talk about your health and fitness goals in a safe environment. We post workouts and start discussions about how to be strategic about finding a healthier you. Check it out!
Start Building Your Own Workouts and Meal Plan!
Click To Download Home Workout Templates or text the word, “lifting,” to 33444 to download the templates.
Have a Question or Review for Rob or Devon?
We love answering questions and getting feedback from you, our listener! If you have any questions to ask us, want to share a review of the show, or tell us any suggestions for guests/topics that you think would be great to have on the show, just email Rob at firstname.lastname@example.org or Devon at email@example.com or you can also leave us a review at http://reviewourpodcast.com ask a question in the closed Open Sky Fitness Facebook Group and even text OSFreview to 33444 to get the link
Get Fit with Free Downloads!
Ask Rob a Question or tell him what is working for you: Email Rob@OpenSkyFitness.com
Support This Podcast
To leave a Review for Rob and the Open Sky Fitness Podcast CLICK NOW! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show and I read each and every one of them.
Contact our amazing sound engineer Ryan? Send him an e-mail here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Do you have any questions (and would like to hear yourself on the Open Sky Fitness Podcast)? Click on the link on the right side of any page on our website that says “Send Voicemail.”
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates. It’s free!
Thanks for listening/reading Episode 270 -Getting Clear On What You Want for 2020! We hope you have gained more knowledge on how to be a healthier you.