How To Suppress Hunger To Maximize Weight Loss – 224
What Is Hunger?
What is hunger? Are you actually hungry or are you just craving food because you drove past a McDonald’s? Today, Devon and I are going to share why we crave foods when we do, what hunger actually is, and our top 20 tips on how to suppress hunger and food cravings to maximize your weight loss results.
Tune in and learn more as we dive into our top hacks to reduce hunger.
- Add more fiber-rich foods to your diet.
- Drink coffee; especially decaf coffee.
- Nibble on dark chocolate or something bitter.
- Eat more protein/lean meats during meals compared to fatty meats like buffalo wings or rib eye steaks.
- How eating more protein rather than carbohydrates will help increase your weight loss results.
- Slamming your water – drink 2-3 glasses of water 10 minutes before your meal or start your meal off with a soup.
- Eat mindfully by thoroughly chew your food and slowing down how much you’re eating by being present in the moment.
- Eat solid foods rather than liquid foods (except for hearty soups) like sugary smoothies or juices.
- Raw ginger root; a natural appetite suppressant you can consume as tea or add to meals. Also improves leptin response.
- Incorporate more spices into your day to day life by cooking or meal prepping with them.
- Eating small plates and taking breaks.
- Exercise because it mutes the hunger trigger in your brain.
- Get enough sleep at night.
- Eat more Omega 3 fats like grass-fed beef, nuts, ghee, or fatty fish like salmon.
- Drink yerba mate which is similar to coffee or green tea.
- Drink green tea or green tea extract.
- Avoid all you can eat restaurants at all costs or go in with a plan of using a small plate, take breaks, and drink lots of water.
- Chew sugar-free gum without artificial ingredients.
- Have a shot of vinegar especially after or during a high-carb meal and help gut health.
- Take the most important vitamins such as probiotics or Vitamin D but be careful about which brands you select.
- Avoid sugar and processed foods that come in in all shapes and forms.
What You’ll Hear on This Episode
00:00 Open Sky Fitness Introduction
1:15 Opening comments with Rob
1:20 What today’s sh0w is all about: reducing your hunger pains.
1:30 Check out last week’s show: OSF 223 – How To Stop Self-Sabotaging Your Health With Lisa Thomas
1:55 Check out our online Open Sky Fitness Podcast Group on Facebook
3:00 What Rob is doing to get to know himself better and how you can do the same.
3:30 Why Rob decided to build a shed from start to finish and what the process has been like for him so far.
7:15 The benefits of doing something physical that doesn’t just include lifting weights.
10:30 How to reduce and control your food cravings.
11:30 When you crave food, are you actually hungry? What is hunger?
13:00 Hunger doesn’t happen right away when you see food; it’s a build up until you’re actually hungry and need food.
14:00 Energy dips could lead to hunger too that you shouldn’t ignore.
15:00 Noises your stomach will make when it’s actually hungry.
15:50 Craving fast food isn’t the same as being hungry.
17:00 Other false hunger triggers: emotional and physical.
20:00 You confuse hunger for dehydration and feeling thirsty.
20:25 Smelling something good automatically triggers food cravings.
21:00 Not eating enough whole foods leads to you still being hungry constantly.
21:50 Learning your specific hunger triggers and food cravings.
22:10 Other triggers that lead you to food cravings such as people and scenarios.
25:00 How sugar has become more and more a part of our daily lives than it was in the past; especially with celebrations.
29:30 Our top 19 tips on how to control your hunger.
30:00 1) Add more fiber-rich foods to your diet.
31:25 2) Drink coffee; especially decaf coffee.
33:00 3) Nibble on dark chocolate or something bitter.
34:15 4) Eat more protein/lean meats during meals compared to fatty meats like buffalo wings or rib eye steaks.
36:30 How eating more protein rather than carbohydrates will help increase your weight loss results.
38:30 5) Slamming your water – drink 2-3 glasses of water 10 minutes before your meal or start your meal off with a soup.
40:30 6) Eat mindfully by thoroughly chew your food and slowing down how much you’re eating by being present in the moment.
42:10 7) Eat solid foods rather than liquid foods (except for hearty soups) like sugary smoothies or juices.
44:20 8) Raw ginger root; a natural appetite suppressant you can consume as tea or add to meals. Also improves leptin response.
46:20 9) Incorporate more spices into your day to day life by cooking or meal prepping with them.
47:45 10) Eating small plates and taking breaks.
49:55 11) Exercise because it mutes the hunger trigger in your brain.
51:40 12) Get enough sleep at night.
52:50 13) Eat more Omega 3 fats like grass-fed beef, nuts, ghee, or fatty fish like salmon.
54:00 14) Drink yerba mate which is similar to coffee or green tea.
55:40 15) Drink green tea or green tea extract.
56:55 16) Avoid all you can eat restaurants at all costs or go in with a plan of using a small plate, take breaks, and drink lots of water.
58:40 17) Chew sugar-free gum without artificial ingredients.
1:00:00 18) Have a shot of vinegar especially after or during a high-carb meal and help gut health.
1:01:00 19) Take the most important vitamins such as probiotics or Vitamin D but be careful about which brands you select.
1:03:20 20) Avoid sugar and processed foods that come in in all shapes and forms.
1:05:00 Final comments with Rob and Devon
1:05:45 Check out our Open Sky Fitness Podcast Group on Facebook
1:06:00 Open Sky Fitness Closing
RESOURCES MENTIONED DURING THE SHOW:
- Leave us an iTunes review
- Subscribe to our podcast and take your health to the next level!
- Join The Open Sky Fitness Podcast Group on Facebook
- Learn more about the Sky Fit Challenge
- Clean up your diet with our 7 Day Paleo Reset
- Contact Rob and Devon to apply for One-On-One Coaching Sessions
- Learn more about our new sponsor – ButcherBox
- Check out last week’s episode: OSF 223 – How To Stop Self-Sabotaging Your Health With Lisa Thomas
- The Effects of Crude Extracts of Ginger (Zingiber officinale) On Some Lipid Profile Parameters In High Fat-Fed Rats
- Chewing Gum Can Reduce Calorie Intake, Increase Energy Expenditure, Nutritionist Finds
- Supplement and Vitamin Brands we recommend:
- Learn more about Jay Ferruggia
- Watch the movie on juicing – Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead – A Joe Cross film
- You might be interested in these other Open Sky Fitness Podcast episodes:
JOIN THE SKY FIT CHALLENGE!
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE
The challenge consists of:
- 8 Weeks of Equipment Free Bodyweight Workouts in 20 minutes or less. (No gym membership required)
- SIMPLE Whole Food Meal Plan w/Tasty Recipe Cookbook Featuring 60+ recipes!
- Foolproof Schedule so you know EXACTLY what you’re supposed to do every day.
- Access to our New Private Facebook Group – Sky Fit Challenge Group to share your progress with everyone as well as receive support and be held accountable.
Do The FREE 7 Day Paleo Rest
Simply go to 7DayPaleoReset.com to sign up now
One of the best things you can do for your mind and body in your mission to get healthier is to focus on your nutrition. That’s why we’re allowing people to sign up now to join us for our next Free 7 Day Paleo Rest! It’s all done via Facebook so no annoying emails that will fill up your inbox.
As part of the 7 Day Paleo Reset, we will provide you with:
- Introduction to what the Paleo Diet is all about
- 7 Day guide to easy Paleo recipes
- What batch cooking is and how to incorporate that into your lifestyle
- Various content resources including generational eating habits, the importance of building a wellness community, and how to begin a new healthy lifestyle.
- How to make an impact on your life and life a life full of wellness.
Look Out For Our Upcoming
Throw Back Thursday Podcast Episodes!
We’ll be releasing new podcasts episodes on Thursdays that discuss previous episodes we’ve done, but we need your help! Go to the Open Sky Fitness Facebook Group and tell us what your favorite episodes are. Then, Devon and I will re-listen to that episode, pick out the best parts and share even more insights on the topic.
We won’t just be regurgitating the same information over again. Since we began this podcast, there’s so much more information out their on health, nutrition, fitness, and personal wellness. So, each Thursday we’ll really just be going deeper into your favorite topics!
Claim Your FREE Bacon + $10 Off
With Our Sponsor – ButcherBox
That’s right! By listening to the Open Sky Fitness Podcast, you get the chance to get a free order of bacon plus $10 off your first ButcherBox purchase!!
ButcherBox delivers 100% grass-fed beef, free-range organic chicken, and heritage breed pork directly to your door. Think of them as the neighborhood butcher for modern America.
Join The Open Sky Fitness Podcast Group!
That’s right! We have a closed Open Sky Fitness Podcast group on Facebook where you and everyone have the opportunity to talk about your health and fitness goals in a safe environment. We post workouts and start discussions about how to be strategic about finding a healthier you. Check it out!
Start Building Your Own Workouts and Meal Plan!
Download Results Tracker here!
Click To Download Home Workout Templates or text the word, “lifting,” to 33444 to download the templates.
Download the OSF Food Journal Now!
Have a Question or Review for Rob or Devon?
We love answering questions and getting feedback from you, our listener! If you have any questions to ask us, want to share a review of the show, or tell us any suggestions for guests/topics that you think would be great to have on the show, just email Rob at email@example.com or Devon at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can also leave us a review at http://reviewourpodcast.com ask a question in the closed Open Sky Fitness Facebook Group and even text OSFreview to 33444 to get the link.
Get Fit with Free Downloads!
To Download Rob’s FREE workout templates click below**
Ask Rob a Question or tell him what is working for you: Email Rob@OpenSkyFitness.com
Support This Podcast
To leave a Review for Rob and the Open Sky Fitness Podcast CLICK NOW! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show and I read each and every one of them.
Contact our amazing sound engineer Ryan? Send him an e-mail here: email@example.com
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Do you have any questions (and would like to hear yourself on the Open Sky Fitness Podcast)? Click on the link on the right side of any page on our website that says “Send Voicemail.”
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates. It’s free!
Thanks for listening/reading episode 224 – How To Suppress Hunger To Maximize Weight Loss! We hope you have gained more knowledge on how to be a healthier you.