10 Vital Habits for Building Muscle Mass and Losing Body Fat with Jason Leenaarts – Ep. 221
CLICK HERE TO GET 50% OFF ON THE SKY FIT CHALLENGE!
Deal ends October 7th!
10 Vital Habits To
Build Muscle Mass & Lose Body Fat
“If you’ve got a grateful mindset, I think you’ll be able to weather the peaks and valleys a lot better.” – Jason Leenaarts
I’m really excited for you to hear this episode because we’re doing something unique this time! This week, fellow personal trainer, Author of The Revolution Is You!, Owner of RevFit Therapy and host of the Revolutionary You! Podcast, Jason Leenaarts, joined me and we shared our own top 10 vital habits for building muscle mass and losing body fat. It was a super fun conversation to bounce off ideas about health, fitness, and nutrition plus share our experiences as personal trainers and podcast hosts.
Jason’s Top 10 Vital Habits
“A lot of people think that if they’re going to lose weight, then they have to start running but they don’t. All they have to do is just start moving more than compared to what they normally do and find out how to make that effort progress.” – Jason Leenaarts
From good habits (#10) to the most important (#1), here is Jason’s list:
10. Have the right supplements for the right goal.
9. Go for half the starches, twice the veggies.
8. Get the steps in each day
7. Plan predictable, controlled meals that require little to no brainpower.
6. Practice gratitude regularly.
5. Strength train 2-3 times a week.
4. Track your progress with data: workouts, weight, body measurements etc.
3. Get more consistent with your new habits.
2. Manage your sleep.
Rob’s Top 10 Vital Habits
“If we focus on whole foods, hands down; we’re going to up the nutrients that we’re bringing in to the point where we probably don’t have to supplement in nor count calories and will start losing weight immediately. Eating a whole food diet is almost a 180-degree switch.” – Rob Dionne
Beginning with good habits (#1)) to the most important (#1), here is Rob’s list:
10. Water – Drink 80-100 oz of water a day.
9. Eat 2-3 servings of veggies a day.
8. Eat all whole foods.
7. Batch cook, meal prep, eat same food daily, weekly, monthly.
6. Minimize or completely eliminate sugar and processed foods from your diet.
5. Schedule everything that’s going on in your life.
4. Get into the habit of outsourcing tasks you’re not great at or ones that take up too much time.
3. Recovery – you have to get in the habit of resting.
2. Move for at least 20 minutes a day.
1. Lift heavy things consistently.
What You’ll Hear on This Episode
00:00 Open Sky Fitness Introduction
1:15 Opening comments with Rob and Devon
1:30 About today’s episode with Revolutionary You Podcast Host, Jason Leenaarts on the 10 Vital Habits for Building Muscle Mass and Losing Body Fat
2:50 Check out our upcoming Facebook Live event in the Open Sky Fitness Podcast Group on How to Kickstart Your Metabolism on Thursday, October 4
3:30 Check out last week’s show: OSF 220 – Cortisol: 10 Ways To Manage & Reduce Stress
5:40 Get in on the 50% off Sky Fit Challenge discount until October 7
7:50 Introduction to Jason Leenaarts
11:10 How Jason got into personal training for a career.
14:00 Why he began his podcast, Revolutionary You! and what it’s all about.
15:00 How Rob got into being a personal trainer once he moved to Los Angeles.
17:45 Why Rob, like Jason, also wasn’t interested in creating a podcast solely for personal trainers.
20:00 The immense amount of podcasts that are out there that you can listen to for free.
22:30 Our individual lists for our top 10 habits to lose weight and gain muscle.
23:00 Number 10
27:30 Number 9
32:20 Number 8
35:40 Number 7
41:40 Number 6
48:20 Number 5
51:30 Number 4
56:40 Number 3
1:00:40 Number 2
1:03:50 Number 1
1:19:00 Final comments with Rob and Devon
1:21:10Turn your health around with an awesome community in our Sky Fit Challenge
1:22:00 Open Sky Fitness Closing
RESOURCES MENTIONED DURING THE SHOW:
- Leave us an iTunes review
- Subscribe to our podcast and take your health to the next level!
- Join The Open Sky Fitness Podcast Group on Facebook
- Sign up for our Sky Fit Challenge!
- Clean up your diet with our 7 Day Paleo Reset
- Contact Rob and Devon to apply for One-On-One Coaching Sessions
- Learn more about our new sponsor – ButcherBox
- Check out last week’s episode: OSF 220 – Cortisol: 10 Ways To Manage & Reduce Stress
- Visit Jason Leenaarts’ official website
- Connect with Jason Leenaarts and RevFit Therapy via:
- Tune into the Revolutionary You! Podcast:
- Learn more about Podcast Strategist, Elsie Escobar
- Find out more about the 3 Day Functional Training Summit – Perform Better
- You might be interested in these other Open Sky Fitness Podcast episodes:
JOIN THE SKY FIT CHALLENGE!
CLICK HERE TO GET 50% OFF ON THE SKY FIT CHALLENGE!
The challenge consists of:
- 8 Weeks of Equipment Free Bodyweight Workouts in 20 minutes or less. (No gym membership required)
- SIMPLE Whole Food Meal Plan w/Tasty Recipe Cookbook Featuring 60+ recipes!
- Foolproof Schedule so you know EXACTLY what you’re supposed to do every day.
- Access to our New Private Facebook Group – Sky Fit Challenge Group to share your progress with everyone as well as receive support and be held accountable.
Do The FREE 7 Day Paleo Rest
Simply go to 7DayPaleoReset.com to sign up now
One of the best things you can do for your mind and body in your mission to get healthier is to focus on your nutrition. That’s why we’re allowing people to sign up now to join us for our next Free 7 Day Paleo Rest! It’s all done via Facebook so no annoying emails that will fill up your inbox.
As part of the 7 Day Paleo Reset, we will provide you with:
- Introduction to what the Paleo Diet is all about
- 7 Day guide to easy Paleo recipes
- What batch cooking is and how to incorporate that into your lifestyle
- Various content resources including generational eating habits, the importance of building a wellness community, and how to begin a new healthy lifestyle.
- How to make an impact on your life and life a life full of wellness.
Look Out For Our Upcoming
Throw Back Thursday Podcast Episodes!
We’ll be releasing new podcasts episodes on Thursdays that discuss previous episodes we’ve done, but we need your help! Go to the Open Sky Fitness Facebook Group and tell us what your favorite episodes are. Then, Devon and I will re-listen to that episode, pick out the best parts and share even more insights on the topic.
We won’t just be regurgitating the same information over again. Since we began this podcast, there’s so much more information out their on health, nutrition, fitness, and personal wellness. So, each Thursday we’ll really just be going deeper into your favorite topics!
Claim Your FREE Bacon + $10 Off
With Our Sponsor – ButcherBox
That’s right! By listening to the Open Sky Fitness Podcast, you get the chance to get a free order of bacon plus $10 off your first ButcherBox purchase!!
ButcherBox delivers 100% grass-fed beef, free-range organic chicken, and heritage breed pork directly to your door. Think of them as the neighborhood butcher for modern America.
Join The Open Sky Fitness Podcast Group!
That’s right! We have a closed Open Sky Fitness Podcast group on Facebook where you and everyone have the opportunity to talk about your health and fitness goals in a safe environment. We post workouts and start discussions about how to be strategic about finding a healthier you. Check it out!
Start Building Your Own Workouts and Meal Plan!
Download Results Tracker here!
Click To Download Home Workout Templates or text the word, “lifting,” to 33444 to download the templates.
Download the OSF Food Journal Now!
Have a Question or Review for Rob or Devon?
We love answering questions and getting feedback from you, our listener! If you have any questions to ask us, want to share a review of the show, or tell us any suggestions for guests/topics that you think would be great to have on the show, just email Rob at email@example.com or Devon at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can also leave us a review at www.openskyfitness.com/review, ask a question in the closed Open Sky Fitness Facebook Group and even text OSFreview to 33444 to get the link.
Get Fit with Free Downloads!
To Download Rob’s FREE workout templates click below**
Ask Rob a Question or tell him what is working for you: Email Rob@OpenSkyFitness.com
Support This Podcast
To leave a Review for Rob and the Open Sky Fitness Podcast CLICK NOW! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show and I read each and every one of them.
Contact our amazing sound engineer Ryan? Send him an e-mail here: email@example.com
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Do you have any questions (and would like to hear yourself on the Open Sky Fitness Podcast)? Click on the link on the right side of any page on our website that says “Send Voicemail.”
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates. It’s free!
Thanks for listening/reading episode 221 – 10 Vital Habits for Building Muscle Mass and Losing Body Fat with Jason Leenaarts! We hope you have gained more knowledge on how to be a healthier you.