Jessie Pavelka: Eat, Sweat, Think and Connect Your Way To Better Health – Ep. 272
Jessie Pavelka: Eat, Sweat, Think and Connect Your Way To Better Health – Ep. 272
This week, I am excited to share with you this great conversation I had with my friend, colleague at and Co-Founder of RetroFit Gym, and fitness expert specializing in extreme weight loss, Jessie Pavelka.
We dove deep into his Four Elements for living a healthy life: Eat, Sweat, Think and Connect plus we also discussed the following and more:
- Why true transformation really begins when you look at your emotional, relational, mental and spiritual health.
- The four points of the Connect Element: to yourself, to another person, to a group, and to a higher power.
- Why the key ingredient to being healthy is to simplify it and how to do that.
- How to step away and take a closer look at what kind of life you want to create for yourself.The struggle many people face to lean into all of these different roles.
Devon and I also took a few minutes at the start of the show to talk about how to continue staying motivated about your 2020 health goals, how to find your ‘why’ for living a healthier lifestyle, and how to stay accountable with a buddy.
Hope you enjoy the conversation and learn something new!
Jessie Pavelka – It’s Time to Make the Change
About Jessie Pavelka
Jessie Pavelka is an Internationally recognized Health and Wellbeing Expert who hosts Sky TVs ‘Obese: A Year to Save my Life’
In the US he was a trainer on NBC’s ‘Biggest Loser’, hosted ‘Dietribe’ on Lifetime TV and appeared on Oprah’s OWN network.
He is currently the Ambassador for Cancer Research UK’s Race for Life and England Athletic’s Run Together Initiative.
His UK company ‘Pavelka’ is a wellbeing partner for technology giants Cisco Systems, helping employees become more resilient and healthier in a fast-moving, dynamic world.
Texan born Jessie has 15 years of experience in working with people who want to make changes in their lives. Although he specializes in extreme weight loss his main aim is to assist people to regain control and live the life they truly deserve.
Inspiration in the Great and Unremarkable | Jessie Pavelka | TEDxGlasgow
Claim Your FREE Bacon + $10 Off
With Our Sponsor – ButcherBox
That’s right! By listening to the Open Sky Fitness Podcast, you get the chance to get a free order of bacon plus $10 off your first ButcherBox purchase!!
ButcherBox delivers 100% grass-fed beef, free-range organic chicken, and heritage breed pork directly to your door. Think of them as the neighborhood butcher for modern America.
Introducing: The Official Coffee Diet Group
I’ve launched The Official Coffee Diet Group on Facebook! It’s now closed but you can check out the main OCD Coffee website here for updates!
What is The Official Coffee Diet Group? It’s a group in which I’m going to share how you can get started with The Official Coffee Diet, transform your lifestyle, lose weight, roast your own coffee beans, and start feeling great!
Let Us Coach You On The Podcast!
Come on the podcast and let us be your coach for an hour on the show!
We talked about this a while back but we want you, the listener, to be a guest on our show by allowing us to be your personal coaches for a 1-hour call. Your call will be featured as an actual episode on our podcast but can always keep your identity hidden by changing your name because we know that our health is everything and some things we’d like to keep to ourselves.
Here’s how you sign up:
- Go to https://openskyfitness.com/contact/
- Fill out your name, email address, and message
- In your message, please include:
- Your goals
- What obstacles you believe are standing in your way
- Your expectations and how you think Devon and Rob can help you
What You’ll Hear on This Episode
00:00 Open Sky Fitness Introduction
1:15 Opening comments with Rob and Devon
3:00 How are your New Year Resolutions coming along? How can you keep on track with them?
6:50 What can help you stay motivated with your goals even if you haven’t hit rock bottom yet?
7:50 How to find your purpose and reason to be healthy before the rock bottom hits.
20:30 Introduction to Jessie Pavelka
23:00 His experience being invited to an Overeaters Anonymous: Newcomers meeting to observe and how it helped him shift to who he now helps.
25:00 The importance of being consistent with small changes every day.
26:20 Why we can’ change people but we can set an example for them by living a healthier lifestyle.
28:00 Jessie’s Four Elements for living a healthy life: Eat, Sweat, Think, and Connect.
30:30 Why true transformation really begins when you look at your emotional, relational, mental and spiritual health.
31:50 How to bring the Think Element to your day to day life through breathwork, meditation, mindfulness, and more.
32:20 The four points of the Connect Element: to yourself, to another person, to a group, and to a higher power.
44:00 Why it’s so hard to understand what a deeper love is if you don’t have a child of your own.
49:50 His own struggles with mental and emotional health.
51:00 Why he’s always been interested in people’s different struggles and what the solution was for them.
57:00 The fact that many health and fitness influencers and biohackers are making being healthily complicated when it doesn’t have to be that way.
1:00:00 Why the key ingredient to being healthy is to simplify it and how to do that.
1:04:00 How to step away and take a closer look at what kind of life you want to create for yourself.
1:06:30 The struggle many people face to lean into all of these different roles.
1:11:00 The high expectations that society puts out there and so we’re sold the idea that we can become whatever we want to be.
1:14:00 How to not get sucked into the idea that you have to become great but just fall in love with something and become great at it.
1:19:00 The beauty of getting curious about people, new ideas, activities, and opportunities.
1:25:00 Closing comments with Rob and Devon
1:26:00 Join the conversation in our Open Sky Fitness Facebook Group
1:27:20 Open Sky Fitness Closing
RESOURCES MENTIONED DURING THE SHOW:
- Leave us an iTunes review
- Subscribe to our podcast and take your health to the next level!
- Join The Open Sky Fitness Podcast Group on Facebook
- Learn more about the Sky Fit Challenge
- Clean up your diet with our 7 Day Paleo Reset
- Contact Rob and Devon to apply for One-On-One Coaching Sessions
- Learn more about our new sponsor – ButcherBox
- Connect with Jessie Pavelka via:
- Learn all about RetroFit
- Download the Nextdoor app
- You might enjoy these other Open Sky Fitness Podcast episodes:
- Self Love: Why We Have To Work For Our Own Happiness With Briar Flicker-Grossman – Ep. 268
- Getting Clear On What You Want For 2020 – Ep. 270
- Discover Your Value & Confidence With Ingrid Marcum – Ep. 250
- Dave Asprey: Bulletproof Hacks For A Healthier Home And Life – Ep. 183
- Ben Greenfield On Striking The Ideal Balance Between Health And Performance – Ep. 38
- Find out more about Jay Ferruggia
JOIN THE SKY FIT CHALLENGE!
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE
The challenge consists of:
- 8 Weeks of Equipment Free Bodyweight Workouts in 20 minutes or less. (No gym membership required)
- SIMPLE Whole Food Meal Plan w/Tasty Recipe Cookbook Featuring 60+ recipes!
- Foolproof Schedule so you know EXACTLY what you’re supposed to do every day.
- Access to our New Private Facebook Group – Sky Fit Challenge Group to share your progress with everyone as well as receive support and be held accountable.
Do The FREE 7 Day Paleo Rest
Simply go to 7DayPaleoReset.com to sign up now
One of the best things you can do for your mind and body in your mission to get healthier is to focus on your nutrition. That’s why we’re allowing people to sign up now to join us for our next Free 7 Day Paleo Rest! It’s all done via Facebook so no annoying emails that will fill up your inbox.
As part of the 7 Day Paleo Reset, we will provide you with:
- Introduction to what the Paleo Diet is all about
- 7 Day guide to easy Paleo recipes
- What batch cooking is and how to incorporate that into your lifestyle
- Various content resources including generational eating habits, the importance of building a wellness community, and how to begin a new healthy lifestyle.
- How to make an impact on your life and life a life full of wellness.
Look Out For Our Upcoming
Throw Back Thursday Podcast Episodes!
We’ll be releasing new podcasts episodes on Thursdays that discuss previous episodes we’ve done, but we need your help! Go to the Open Sky Fitness Facebook Group and tell us what your favorite episodes are. Then, Devon and I will re-listen to that episode, pick out the best parts and share even more insights on the topic.
We won’t just be regurgitating the same information over again. Since we began this podcast, there’s so much more information out their on health, nutrition, fitness, and personal wellness. So, each Thursday we’ll really just be going deeper into your favorite topics!
Join The Open Sky Fitness Podcast Group!
That’s right! We have a closed Open Sky Fitness Podcast group on Facebook where you and everyone have the opportunity to talk about your health and fitness goals in a safe environment. We post workouts and start discussions about how to be strategic about finding a healthier you. Check it out!
Start Building Your Own Workouts and Meal Plan!
Download Results Tracker here!
Click To Download Home Workout Templates or text the word, “lifting,” to 33444 to download the templates.
Download the OSF Food Journal Now!
Have a Question or Review for Rob or Devon?
We love answering questions and getting feedback from you, our listener! If you have any questions to ask us, want to share a review of the show, or tell us any suggestions for guests/topics that you think would be great to have on the show, just email Rob at firstname.lastname@example.org or Devon at email@example.com or you can also leave us a review at http://reviewourpodcast.com ask a question in the closed Open Sky Fitness Facebook Group and even text OSFreview to 33444 to get the link
Get Fit with Free Downloads!
To Download Rob’s FREE workout templates click below**
Ask Rob a Question or tell him what is working for you: Email Rob@OpenSkyFitness.com
Support This Podcast
To leave a Review for Rob and the Open Sky Fitness Podcast CLICK NOW! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show and I read each and every one of them.
Contact our amazing sound engineer Ryan? Send him an e-mail here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Do you have any questions (and would like to hear yourself on the Open Sky Fitness Podcast)? Click on the link on the right side of any page on our website that says “Send Voicemail.”
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates. It’s free!
Thanks for listening/reading Episode 272 with Jessie Pavelka: Eat, Sweat, Think and Connect Your Way To Better Health! We hope you have gained more knowledge on how to be a healthier you.